Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

10 Months

Haidyn turned 10 months old on October 14th.  Unfortunately, I hadn't taken any good pictures of her until this past weekend.  It was a combination of reasons - I let my father-in-law borrow my camera for a couple weeks (not as long as I waited to take these pictures, though), then Haidyn got a cold, and then it was Halloween.  Before I knew it, it was already November.  How did this happen?  And now my sweet baby is 10 1/2 months old.  I only have a few short weeks until she turns 1, and I don't think I like it.  I mean, it's so fun to watch her grow and change, but it just goes by way too fast.  I'm just not ready for her to not be a baby anymore!

Anyway, Haidyn has become even more fun now that she is 10 months old.  She plays peek-a-boo, waves hello and goodbye, shows you how big she is, gives high fives, points at things and sometimes even blows kisses.  Her personality continues to emerge.  She is funny, sweet and very active.  She has started snuggling up against us, either putting her head on our shoulders or snuggling into our chests.  It melts my heart!  When she is awake she is exploring everything.  She crawls super fast now and still likes to cruise around anything and everything.  She likes to open cabinet doors and drawers and will pull things out and put them back.  She is also starting to dance.  Usually this involves holding onto something and shaking her bottom, but sometimes her whole body gets involved.  She loves playing with all kinds of toys, especially ones that roll and make noise.  She loves pushing things around the house, from walking toys to barstools to laundry baskets.  She likes to look at books and will turn the pages and lift flaps to see what's underneath.  She says mama, dada, Lola, baby and duck.  We don't really know where "duck" came from, but it's loud and clear.  She started saying it one day on the way to music class; and when the teacher pulled out a bunny during class, Haidyn yelled, "Duck!"  Clearly she knew what she was talking about.  Now we show her ducks in books and in the bathtub, and I think she's starting to make the association.  I think she has kind of said "up" and "dog" as well.  She also has conversations all the time where she babbles with lots of intonation.  Our Parents As Teachers lady told me that Haidyn has met all of her verbal milestones up to 14 months.  That amazes me.  I love talking to her and hearing her talk back to me (and to anyone else who will listen.)  She doesn't seem to be too concerned about strangers and is hit-and-miss on the separation anxiety  front.  It's absolutely amazing to see what she's learned in the past 10 months.

She is still on the small side, weighing less than 18 pounds.  At her 9 month check-up she was in the 20% for weight, 60% for height and 40% for her head.  The doctor called her "petite and active."  I wish someone would say the same for me!  She has tried all kinds of foods, and I've pretty much lost track of everything she has tasted.  She loves anything that we are eating.  I should probably be more careful about what I give her, but with her being so small I usually try lots of things to get her to eat more.  I know, not the best parenting strategy.  I just hope that she is eating enough to continue growing like she should, and other than that I have to let it go.

We are madly in love with our little girl and can't imagine life without her.  Her 10 month photo shoot was a combination "10 month birthday/Halloween shoot."  Oh, and she has discovered that the camera has lots of fun buttons to push and pictures to see on the back...which only makes getting a good shot of her that much harder!

IMG_8147IMG_8150IMG_8156IMG_8163IMG_8167IMG_8173Her tutu was a tad bit big for her still.  In this picture it makes her look so short!

0 comments: