Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  It was a wonderful time!  My dad and sister drove up on Tuesday evening, so we spent all day Wednesday cooking.  That made Thursday very enjoyable because we weren’t rushing around trying to get everything ready.  My poor dad went to four different grocery stores by the time Wednesday was over, however.  He was so nice to do all the errand-running for us!  And I definitely couldn’t have gotten everything ready without him and my sister.  I am so blessed to have a wonderful family who is always willing to help, even when I might bite off more than I can chew!  Sarah and I had fun baking and cooking all day, and it was great to see Haidyn playing and being entertained by her aunt and grandpa.  Later that evening my Uncle Bruce and my cousin Amanda came over for dinner.  We love hanging out with them…they always make us laugh. 

On Thursday we had my dad and sister, Uncle Bruce, Amanda, Jonathan’s mom and dad, his sister, our brother-in-law, two nephews and niece all over for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a full house!  Samuel and Joseph had a blast playing together and making pinecone turkeys with Aunt SES (she always has the BEST ideas!), and  Haidyn and Simone seemed to really enjoy their first Thanksgivings as well.  Haidyn tried all the food but didn’t eat a lot.  I’m sure she was wondering why we wanted her to eat in the middle of the afternoon.  But she LOVED the pies…my kind of girl. 

It was so fun to have everyone together and to celebrate everything we are thankful for.  At the top of my list is a loving family who enjoys spending time together.  I love Thanksgiving!

Here are a bunch of pictures from Thanksgiving Day.   IMG_8360 IMG_8364 IMG_8367 IMG_8375 IMG_8376 IMG_8382  IMG_8392 IMG_8396 IMG_8401 IMG_8404 IMG_8405 IMG_8409 IMG_8421 IMG_8424 IMG_8429 IMG_8430 IMG_8431 IMG_8433 IMG_8435 IMG_8439  IMG_8448 IMG_8452 IMG_8471 IMG_8479

0 comments: