Haidyn and I headed to Oklahoma last Tuesday. We got to visit with my dad for a couple days before he left for his Cuba trip. On Wednesday evening we went to my sister’s house in Owasso and enjoyed hanging out with her. Thursday we went to Tulsa to have lunch with Savta and got to see Kylie, Cal and Emmie in Owasso. On Friday we went to Bartlesville. We got to visit with our good friend Nancy and see her beautifully remodeled home. She was also kind enough to take some great pictures of Haidyn for her birthday invitations…I can’t wait to post those! After that we went to see Megan, Karsten and Pierson. The kiddos all took great naps, so Megan and I had lots of time to catch up. Well, I say “lots” but really, it’s never enough. I could hang out with her forever. There’s just something about a best friend that is good for your soul. That night some of us girls surprised Megan by taking her out for an early birthday dinner in Tulsa. I told her I wanted to have a “girls night” just the two of us; but when we got to Tulsa, Melissa, Jill, Hollye, Sara, Mary and a couple of Megan’s sorority sisters all met us at the restaurant. It was such a fun time! She had no idea. She is such an amazing friend and does so much for everyone else, so I was so happy to know we had surprised her! Unfortunately I didn’t bring my camera, so I have no pictures from the night. But it was wonderful to see the girls. I always feel so refreshed after spending time with them.
On Saturday we headed to Norman for the OU vs. A&M football game. We also got to meet up with some of my Theta girls. I hadn’t been to Norman in at least two, maybe three years. The weather was beautiful, the game was good, and I got my fill of two of my favorite Norman restaurants – The Mont and Texadelphia. It was a fabulous day.
We took Haidyn to the Theta house for the first time. We got to see all the new decor and visit with Jennie, our wonderful house mom.
Melissa and I posed in front of 845 Chautauqua. We were roommates our freshman year at OU and love being Theta sisters.
It was Dad’s Weekend at OU, so we took advantage of the fun letters in the front yard. That’s Sarah, Haidyn, Melissa, Susan and me.
Haidyn being “kited” for the first time!
Sarah and Haidyn in front of the Theta house
Haidyn loves Susan (and so do I)! And she’s already reaching for a chip…that’s my girl.
Jonathan and Haidyn at The Mont
My Theta girls…Melissa, me, Susan and Marianne (+baby!)
Marianne and me…I love this girl
After our trip to Norman, Jonathan, Haidyn and I spent some time in Tulsa with his parents. We enjoyed relaxing, eating and hanging out. On Monday night we went to a TU reception where Haidyn was the hit of the party…as usual. Jonathan needed to work in Oklahoma on Monday and Tuesday, so Haidyn and I stuck around until Wednesday so we could all drive back to St. Louis together. It was a wonderful trip. I am so thankful for all of our friends and family in Oklahoma. We always love coming to visit!


0 comments:
Post a Comment