Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Fun

Halloween weekend was a busy one around here.  On Friday afternoon, Jonathan’s company did a flash mob at their corporate office.  They were all supposed to dress up in costume, so Jonathan and Dustin came by before they went to learn their choreography.  The whole thing just made me laugh.  As soon as the video comes out, I’ll be sure to post it!

IMG_8079Jonathan went as a cowboy.  He was really proud of his facial hair.IMG_8076 Dustin went as Spiderman.  I don’t even have words for this picture.IMG_8077  I love how Haidyn is looking at them like, “What in the world is going on here?!?”

Friday night was our Fall Fest at church.  After getting stuck in traffic for over an hour, we finally made it.  There were pony rides, bonfires, a chili cook-off, dessert contest (which I did NOT win…not that I’m bitter or anything), a costume contest for the kiddos (which Haidyn did NOT win…again, I’m not bitter), and TV’s set up for watching the Cardinals play in the World Series.  It was really cold but a fun time.

IMG_8091 My cowboy and butterfly princessIMG_8096 Haidyn saying hello to Jasmine and ShanaIMG_8098 Jasmine, Shana, Jonathan and Haidyn.  Jasmine DID win the costume contest as the cutest little ducky.

On Sunday evening the Glassers invited us to join them for Trunk or Treat at the MAC.  It was a really fun night.  There was a DJ for the kiddos, and he had them doing the Hokey Pokey and Chicken Dance.  They also had S’mores and of course tons of candy.  We kept Haidyn with us, but the other kids had fun trick-or-treating around the parking lot.

IMG_8099 Sarah and her little gorilla (a.k.a. Samuel)IMG_8105 Cara holding our butterfly princess while she perfects her fishy face.IMG_8107  Jonathan guarded the trunk.  Thankfully Sarah had some extra decorations she loaned us.  This was our first time to trunk-or-treat…next year I’ll be more prepared.IMG_8114 IMG_8119  The whole Glasser clanIMG_8126 Simone…the cutest ‘lil pumpkinIMG_8130A cute little dinosaur (a.k.a Joseph) enjoying his S’more

By the time Halloween finally arrived on Monday night, we were already worn out.  Amanda came over for dinner, trick-or-treating and the Chiefs football game.  (Jonathan finally has another Chiefs fan around!)  We chickened out on taking Haidyn around the neighborhood.  It was so dark and not a lot of our neighbors were participating.  Plus I decided I don’t really like Halloween all that much.  I mean, the whole thing is just silly and creepy.  I guess I’m okay with Haidyn dressing up and going trick-or-treating, but if she never had to learn about the history behind the day, that would be just fine with me.

IMG_8181 Haidyn waiting by the door for the first trick-or-treaters to arrive.  I mean, is that door gross or what?!?  I didn’t even notice the lick marks (from Lola) and hand prints (from Haidyn) until I took this picture.  NICE!IMG_8184Haidyn seemed just as happy to be playing in the living room.IMG_8190 Haidyn and Amanda cheering on the ChiefsIMG_8191 By the end of the night, Haidyn was finally interested in candy.  At least she hasn’t figured out that it’s for eating at this point!IMG_8195  She had a great time putting candy in her bag, then back in the basket.

0 comments: