We celebrated Haidyn’s birthday on Saturday, November 26th. It seemed like we were cheating to have her party several weeks before her actual birthday, but we really wanted both of our families to be here. It ended up working out perfectly. Only Jonathan and I kept reminding everyone that she wasn’t actually one yet…I don’t think either of us were ready to admit that she was a year already.
I had a blast getting ready for her party. It was so fun to have this project to work on. It’s always fun to get crafty and creative every now and then! Not that the ideas were all mine – I got most of my inspiration from the blog “Hostess with the Mostest.” (www.hwtm.com) I also had help from my sister, who helped me bake and make lots of stuff, and good friend Nancy Woods, who took the pictures for her invitation. Since we had her party the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we decided to keep it simple with cupcakes and ice cream. Only “keeping it simple” turned into lots of baking…I just couldn’t stop! There were vanilla, chocolate, and funfetti cupcakes, vanilla and funfetti cake balls, and vanilla, chocolate and birthday cake ice cream cups from Blue Bell. (A special thanks to Aunt SES and Grandpa for bringing them all the way from Oklahoma!)
Thanks to everyone who made her birthday celebration extra special. It meant the world to us that you were here! We can’t believe it’s been a year already.
The Festivities
Haidyn got a little shy when everyone was singing to her. She kept trying to turn into her high chair. I guess she has a bit of my personality in her after all!
I love the look of pure joy on her face here! My dad gave her a bite of cake ball…apparently it was a hit.
Haidyn fell on Thanksgiving and gave herself two rug burns right on her nose. Poor girl! I think they give her character.


3 comments:
Laura! That was the cutest birthday party ever! You did such a great job with all the details. Wow! I need you to come help me with the next birthday around here, lol. You have such a beautiful family!! Love you little sis :)
What an adorable party! Haidyn is so cute and looked like she has such a fun time. You did suh a good job on the details. I wanted to share Jackson's 1st birthday with you also. I just finished the post about it. I'm so far behind!!
http://www.bright5507.blogspot.com/2011/11/let-them-eat-cake.html?m=1
<3 April
I don't know how I haven't seen these earlier, but great party planner momma!!! So cute! Love all the details and you have the cutest little cupcake!!!!
Post a Comment