For Memorial Day weekend we went to Branson and Table Rock Lake with a bunch of friends. While we were there we celebrated lots of birthdays. Here’s a run-down of all the summer birthdays in our group…Tyler’s birthday was on the 15th, Jill’s birthday was on the 25th, Drew turned 30 on the 29th (we’re birthday buddies - we even had a joint 16th birthday party – how cute), I turned 30 on the 30th, and Sara turns 30 on June 24th. So many fun birthdays to celebrate and a fun long weekend to do it. Like I said, I turned 30…yes, the big 3-0…on May 30th. Jonathan says that makes it my “golden birthday.” I would say it was definitely a golden day!
Jonathan and I headed down Friday afternoon and got there in time to check in at the condo. Then we explored the resort grounds and checked out the dock. Pretty soon Megan, Drew, Jill and Nick all got there. That night we went to get pizza at a local restaurant and waited for the rest of the group to get there. On Saturday the boys played golf at Payne Stewart’s golf course (apparently it’s a good one) and the girls had a relaxing day. We went to breakfast and then laid out by the pool. It was so nice to finally get some sun on my pasty white skin! When the boys got back we rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours and went out on the lake. Ahh…I love lakes! The boys did some fishing and the girls did what we do best – chatted and just hung out. That night Drew and some of the boys grilled and we had a yummy “family” dinner all together.
On Sunday (my 30th birthday) the boys went to play golf again (I think it was called Murder Rock, or something like that) while the girls hit some outlet shops. We all managed to find something at the Coach outlet..shocking, I know…and had a great time looking around. Then we ate lunch and went to see Sex and the City 2. After that we met the boys at Branson landing and had a delicious dinner at a Mexican restaurant. On Monday morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast made by Drew before packing up and heading our separate ways. What a fabulous weekend with great friends! I can’t wait to do it again next year!
Megan, Jill, Sara, me and Hollye getting ready for our boat ride
Jill, Sara and Hollye lookin’ good on the lake
The girls on the boat
This was the biggest fish the boys caught on Saturday!
With our birthday cups
Jill gave me these cups for my birthday – they are so fun!
Megan and Hollye
Jill, me and Sara at lunch
Me, Hollye and Megan after dinner on the Landing
Last year at this time, I was completely freaked out about turning 30. Now I’ve decided this is a great time in my life, and I don’t want to miss a moment of it. I’m really excited for this next year – bring it on! And being 30 feels very settled and confident of myself. I’ll take that any year.


1 comments:
What a fun weekend with a great group of friends. I'm so glad y'all have those get together's every once in a while. Friends are so important.
And 30 isn't that bad at all, is it???
Post a Comment