Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Landscaping

Last week we had some landscaping done on the side of our house.  Every time it rained, the side of our house turned into a complete mud pit.  Lola loved running through the mud, but it made it extremely difficult to keep the house clean.  Sometimes we’d have to pick her up and take her straight to the bath.  What a pain!  So far this week it’s rained twice, and Lola has stayed super clean!  Hallelujah!!!

The side of the house before:

IMG_3229 IMG_3230

IMG_3234

And after:

IMG_3246

IMG_3247

IMG_3252

IMG_3253

Ahh…so much better!  The guys who did the work did an awesome job.  We are so thankful that they were able to get it finished in a day – our lives have become much easier and Lola isn’t getting yelled at so much.  I think she appreciates the change as well.

This is random, but last summer I bought this lily and planted it in a pot on our deck.  I was super disappointed when it only bloomed once, and I told my mom how I thought it was a total waste of money.  She suggested that I plant it in the flowerbeds we put in last summer, so I did.  Last summer it was two small stalks with two or three blooms.  This is what it looks like this summer…amazing!  I’m so glad my mom told me to keep it and plant it.  I already miss her gardening expertise, among other things of course.  But now when I look at the lily I can think of her!

IMG_3241

IMG_3244

0 comments: