Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage…

Then comes a BABY in the BABY CARRIAGE!  We are overjoyed to announce that we are expecting our first baby around December 21, 2010!  It’s been a very long journey to get to this point, and we couldn’t be happier.  I have so much to tell about our journey, but for now I’m just too happy to go there.  

Last night I found myself bawling in the car listening to a sappy song, but these tears were happy ones.  It felt so good to finally release all my fears, hopes and joys.  It has been a long time since I felt that way.  I guess I just couldn’t believe that we are actually becoming parents.  This has been my life-long dream, ever since I was a little girl.  On my first day of kindergarten, my mom was walking me to the bus stop and I told her, “Mom, I don’t need to go to school because I’m just going to be a mom like you.”  Almost 25 years later, that dream is finally coming true!

We have lots of “pictures” of our little peanut, so be prepared.  I’m not even going to apologize for posting all these; I’m just too happy to care. :)

rice0001 Peanut at 5 weeks, 6 days – the size of a piece of rice

peanut Peanut at 6 weeks, 6 days – the size of a peanut (and the origin of our nickname for the baby)

gummy_bearPeanut at 7 weeks, 6 days – the size of a gummy bear

gummy_bear_2 Another look at 7 weeks, 6 days

After this, we were released to our regular OBGYN, whom we got to see last week.  We weren’t actually scheduled for another ultrasound, but he did one at the beginning of our appointment.  He’s the best doctor EVER!  (I had to take pictures of these pictures because our scanner is broken, so they’re not the greatest.)

DSCF0086Peanut at 11 weeks, 1 day.  Dr. P said the baby was waving to us in this picture.  Really?!?  Couldn’t tell. 

DSCF0083 He said this one was looking down at baby’s head.  Again, I have no idea.  I just hope that my inability to read ultrasounds has no bearing on my ability to be a mom.

There are a couple more pictures, but I don’t even remember what they are supposed to be of - please don’t judge me.  During this ultrasound, the baby was moving around like crazy. Dr. P said its arms and legs were constantly moving, like the baby was swimming.  Peanut wouldn’t sit still long enough to get the heartbeat, but apparently that’s okay because we know for sure its heart was beating the way it was moving around.  I just hope this isn’t a sign of things to come…namely, ADHD!  And Jonathan’s comment was, “I don’t really want our baby to be a swimmer.  Swimmers are weird.”  Really?!?  Cause that’s what I was worried about. 

So we’ve made it to 12 weeks, and everything is looking great, and I feel like I can finally breathe again.  Thanks for sharing in our joy with us!

“The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” Psalm 126:3

10 comments:

the sharpes said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to follow along with your pregnancy on the blog! You are going to be a fantastic mom! Keep us posted :).
xoxo,
Marianne

Sarah said...

We are so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet this little peanut and spoil it like crazy. We love you!!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations again Laura! I couldn't agree more with Marianne - you are going to be a fantastic mom!! Please keep the updates coming and definitely don't worry about posting too many pictures! Love you!

Carrie said...

My heart is overflowing with joy for you guys! I LOVE all the pictures of your little peanut :) Congratulations a million times over!!!

LB said...

SO happy for you, Laura. You will be one FANTASTIC mom.

Charisa said...

I found the link to your blog on Sarah's and check in from time to time. So happy to hear the news! Congrats! Hope you're feeling well!

Lindsey E. said...

I'm soooooo excited to see pictures of the peanut!!! I could not be anymore excited for you and Jonathan. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Keep us posted!
xoxo-
Lindsey

Casey said...

I can't begin to tell you, how excited and thrilled I am for you. My heart is smiling with excitement. You will be one fantastic mother, I guess it runs in the family!! :)
Can't wait to see more pictures of the little peanut!

khowze said...

Congratulations, Laura! Got here from your sister's blog...I am so excited for you and will be praying for a good pregnancy and healthy baby for you!

Sarah said...

Laura - congrats X100000 I am so happy for you. You are one of those people that is SO MEANT TO BE A MOM! Your little one is so lucky to have you. Enjoy the ride it is the best adventure my life has traveled!