Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

The 4th of July got off to a great start. Jonathan was off work on Friday, so that afternoon we hung out at the pool with Dustin and Lindsay. The weather was beautiful! The boys played tennis while Lindsay and I relaxed and chatted and worked on our tans. That evening Jonathan and I had our own small barbecue. We tried a new recipe for hamburgers that were de-licious! I would share the recipe, but Jonathan is claiming it as his new "secret" recipe...which, I found out, you can do as long as you change one or two of the ingredients. :-)

Saturday morning we woke up to tons of rain. We went and got breakfast at Uncle Bill's - our new favorite breakfast spot. (It's on Manchester near 141 if you're interested!) Later we went back over to Dustin and Lindsay's for a barbecue and to hang out with Dustin's family. As soon as Dustin started cooking the steaks, it started raining again:

Dustin and his dad checking the steaks in the rain

Dustin was so nice to stay outside in the rain and cook for us...nice apron, by the way!
After dinner we tried to go watch some fireworks in St. Charles, but it started raining yet again. We tried to stick it out as long as we could, but by the time we left we were all soaked. Yucky weather for the 4th, if you ask me. Thanks, Andrews, for letting us hang out all weekend. We enjoyed meeting your family!!
Overall the weekend was fun and relaxing, even with the crummy weather. Jonathan and I both missed being with our families over the holiday, but we did enjoy spending extra time together. Hope everyone had a very happy 4th!

0 comments: