We spent last week in Lake George, Colorado with my family. It was such a wonderful week! We really enjoyed relaxing, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. It would rain every afternoon for a little while, but it was never enough to ruin any plans. We kept the windows open in the cabin the whole time, and in the morning it would be nice and chilly! I enjoyed snuggling up by the fire with a cup of coffee. You can't beat that! The views all around us were breathtaking. Like my mom said, it's easy to believe in God when you see this much beauty in the world. He created so many wonderful things for us to enjoy, and I'm so thankful we got to spend a week in this place where it's so easy to be reminded of that. Here are some pictures from the week:
Lake George
I love this bench near the lake
Boats were lined up everywhere, between the road and Lake George
Sarah and I at the top of the mountain (I especially like our bejeweled sunglasses...I think it's a nice touch when you're hiking)
Mom, dad, Sarah and I hiked up the mountain one morning
This is how Jonathan spent most of his time...fishing. He loved it! Here's one of the many fish he and my dad caught
The boys favorite fishing spot in Eleven Mile Canyon...it was so beautiful there!
Catching a fish
Jonathan showing off the 9 fish he and my dad caught the last day
The big catch
On Friday J and I hiked to the top of the mountain, and my sister took this picture from the cabin. You can see us in the middle of the picture if you look really hard...
This was the view out our bedroom window on Saturday morning before we left. What a beautiful way to say goodbye! I have tons more pictures, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them very soon!



0 comments:
Post a Comment