Parenthood is something Jonathan and I really, really want to experience. And in our opinion - the sooner, the better. This is a topic I've avoided until now on our blog, but lately I've started wondering why I even keep this blog going. In the beginning we wanted to share news and events from our life with people we don't get to see as often as we'd like. But I'm realizing that I only post about the good things - and we all know that life isn't just about the good stuff. It can be hard...we all struggle every now and then...and why not be real and share those things, too? So here goes.
Our struggle recently has been trying to start a family. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster, to say the least. There are some good ups every now and then, but lately it mostly feels like downs. We went back to our doctor this week and talked about our options. Apparently I'm going to need injections that will hopefully help my body do what it needs to do. There are a few scary things about this idea. First, I have to give them to myself. Are you kidding?!? I read through the packet of information from the doctor about how to do this, and my hands immediately started shaking. That is not a good sign. :-) The second thing we have to think about is the "risk" of multiple births (as the doctor put it.) For two people who are desperately hoping and praying for just one baby, this is very overwhelming. I definitely don't want to become the next "Octomom" or start a reality TV show about my children. Don't get me wrong - I love John & Kate Plus 8 as much as the next person. (Well, I should say I did until their marriage started falling apart. Now it's just too sad for me to watch. But that's a topic for another post!) We are just hoping and praying for a child we can bring into this world and love as much as two people can possibly love.
Along with these lows comes many blessings. My first blessing is knowing a God who is in control and knows what our future holds as a family.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans


8 comments:
Laura, I will be praying for you guys. Thanks so much for sharing your heart. The more prayers going up the better, right!!
Hang in there and know that God is in control, He is going to provide you with MANY little blessings (not all at once), I just know it!
Love you girl!
Thanks so much for sharing Laura; I am humbled by your encouragement and ability to see the many blessings you have in the midst of this struggle. I will be praying for y'all; that you would not grow weary of waiting on God's perfect timing, but would continue to put your hope & the joy in the Lord. I miss you and really hope that I get to see you sometime soon!
I love you my sisto. I'm glad you shared.
and shame on that crummy body not doing what it should. if you could, could you talk to my thighs? they don't cooperate either! :)
Laura,
I'm so glad that you shared this, and yes life is full of many good things and some hard times too! I know that with Davis we are experiencing MANY blessings during this hard time. I will keep you all in my prayers and I know you will get many blessings out this difficult time! if you get a chance, check out the leclarq family blog (link on my blog). they are friends of mine that just had triplets after fertility treatment and they are LOVING it! She wrote a lot about their experience and it might be a good person to reach out to. Love you!! can't wait to see you when you come in town this week!
laura, i'm so glad you shared this! i poke into your blog every now and then and love looking at your pictures and hearing funny stories about teaching, but hearing about people's struggles makes them "real," too.
i think you would be surprised how many people go through the fertility emotions. it took us a lot longer to get pregnant than i ever thought. you're taught that any little mistake can lead to a baby, then when you want one, it doesn't happen! it's so confusing emotionally.
anyway, good wishes no matter what route you decide. and keep the blog going!
I am always thinking about you guys. I am glad that you posted about it. Sometimes it is good to just get things off your chest, but it also helps other people who are going through the same thing. OUr thoughts are with the two of you!
Like everyone else, I'm glad you posted this Laura! Everything will work out, sometimes we just need some alterations to our body to make things happen ;) Just remember, good things come to those who wait and while I always hate hearing this, I've always found it to be true.
Love you!
P.S. I'll come give you your shots, I'm pretty good with that stuff :)
Laura, I swear I left a comment the other day but apparently I didn't... I guess I just thought of what I wanted to say but didn't post it?? I'm so sorry! Anyway~ I just wanted to let you know that I continue to pray for you all the time! I love you so much and you are such a strong, amazing woman! I love you and will definitely keep you guys lifted up in prayer!
Post a Comment