Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A great trip!

I had a wonderful time in Oklahoma last week. I spent lots of time with my family, and it was so good to just relax and be with them. We ate lots of yummy food and spent time catching up. On Thursday I headed to Oklahoma City to visit some friends. I met up with Jill (she just moved back to OKC from Nashville) for a fun lunch. Then we headed over to Mary's to meet sweet Brooks, who was a week old. What an adorable baby! It was so fun to hold him and watch Mary with him. She's a great mom already!

After I left Mary's I went to Marianne's house to meet Davis for the first time. He has a head of dark hair and looks just like his dad! What a cutie pie! He was so sweet and even enjoyed a little nap on my shoulder. What a great way to spend my day! (Side note: Davis had one surgery today and is scheduled for another one on Wednesday - please keep them in your prayers! I know it's a scary time for Marianne and Aaron. Luckily Davis is a fighter and is doing well.)

Next I went to a fun Mexican restaurant with Sara and a few of her friends. I had the best time laughing with them and just catching up. Sara is so fortunate to work with such funny girls! It was a great way to end a wonderful day.

I managed to snap just a few shots of the babies. (Again, I'm still figuring out my camera...they're a little blurry and I'm not sure why! But that's okay...)

Sweet baby Davis

Sweet baby Brooks
On Saturday afternoon I got to spend some time with Megan and Pierson. We had so much fun playing - in the sandbox, with his golf clubs, with some wrapping paper - that I totally forgot to get some pictures! Bummer. But let me tell you, that Pierson just gets cuter every time I see him! I didn't think that was possible, but apparently it is. He's such a doll, and Megan is a fabulous mom. It's such a joy to watch my friends start their parenting adventures! And I can't wait for my next trip back to Oklahoma.

1 comments:

Megan P said...

Awe! What cute little guys!! So fun!

And thanks so much for coming over and hanging out! It was so fun to chat and catch up!!!! Come back soon!!! Miss you already!