Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Prayers for Davis


My sweet friend, Marianne gave birth to her beautiful son this week. Sadly he was born with a congenital heart defect. This is from an email Marianne's mom sent out:
"Davis was born Thursday, May 14 at 11:37 am. He's 20" long and weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. He bonded with mom and dad and then got to meet family and friends. Mid-afternoon he went to the nursery for his bath and to be weighed, and they heard a heart murmur. It turns out that Davis has a congenital heart defect known as Tricuspid Atresia, meaning he was born without a tricuspid valve, which in turn left his right ventricle underdeveloped. Somewhere down the road he will have a shunt put in to help his heart work more efficiently."
Melissa and I got to go visit Marianne in the hospital on Saturday, and she is so strong! She and Aaron are both in good spirits considering everything they've been through. Lots of prayers have helped baby Davis stabilize, and hopefully he'll go home tomorrow! They have so much to be thankful for but also a long road ahead. The wonderful news is that Davis is going to be a strong, healthy boy. Please keep the Sharpe family in your thoughts and prayers. I know they would appreciate it!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Definitely praying; if you get any updates will you let me know? Thanks!

Laura and Jonathan said...

I'll definitely fill you in when I know something! Miss you!!!