On Saturday, May 9th I graduated from Webster University with my Master's. The ceremony was at The Muny in Forest Park. My dad, mom, sister and Jonathan's dad all came up from Oklahoma. Jonathan's sister also came to the ceremony...thanks for getting up so early, everyone! We missed having Jonathan's mom here. She had to be at a meeting in Houston, and it wasn't the same without her. I felt so fortunate to have so many wonderful people there to celebrate with me. I have the best family ever!
It was fun to walk, but it was freezing cold. So after the School of Education Ceremony, we decided to ditch the "big" ceremony to get coffee and bagels. It was a much better choice in my opinion. Later we all met Dave and Samuel for lunch at a yummy new restaurant. Saturday evening we hung out at home and enjoyed the nice weather. Brian and Mallory stopped by for some s'mores and an entertaining few rounds of "Catch Phrase" with the fam. I will say...I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time! Especially because my dad was sitting next to me and was being hilarious. He really didn't understand the concept of not using gestures and was making all of us laugh. I also had a typical blonde moment when I tried to explain a "man hole" as the thing that soldiers build during war to try to hide from the enemy. Oh well, it's kind of the same thing, right?!?
On Sunday it was Mother's Day, so we got to take my mom to brunch. It was so fun to be with her and tell her in person how much she means to us. Mom and Judy...thank you for being the best moms to both of us! We are so lucky to have grown up with such wonderful examples of what parents are. We love you both!


1 comments:
Congratulations on graduation! What an accomplishment!!
Post a Comment