September flew by in a flash. I honestly don’t even know what just happened, it was that fast. We enjoyed a trip to Oklahoma over Labor Day weekend, a visit from my great friend Susan the next weekend, and our fifth anniversary on the 29th.
Susan and I met during Legacy Weekend at the Theta house our junior year in high school. We became good friends after pledging Theta and did many things on campus together. She always encourages me and inspires me to become a better person. I was thrilled when she said she would come visit us. We mostly talked and caught up on life over the past few years. On Friday we attempted to go for a long walk in Forest Park, but it ended up pouring down rain. Instead we went for coffee, then toured the Art Museum at Forest Park, and went on a short tour of St. Louis. That night Susan and I went to dinner at Favazza’s on the Hill. On Saturday Susan needed to run for her upcoming half marathon, so Haidyn and I took her to Creve Coeur Park. We enjoyed an early morning stroll while she did some awesome running. I was impressed! After our exercise Susan taught me how to make cake balls and other fun treats. We had such a great time and can’t wait to see her again soon.
Susan and Haidyn were best friends right away. Susan was amazing with her! They played and talked and bonded. It was so cute!
Miss H and Susan (I promise I didn’t drug my child in this one…)
A picture of the girls before Susan left to go back to Dallas. We were so sad she had to leave already. We LOVED having her here!
For our anniversary, Jonathan and I enjoyed a fun date night at Citizen Kane’s steakhouse. A couple months after I moved to St. Louis, I was having a pity party because I was so homesick. Jonathan made me get dressed up and took me to Citizen Kane’s for a fun dinner and night out on the town. Since then it’s been our “go to” place for date nights and holds good memories for us. We had a great time talking and laughing over dinner. Amanda came and babysat for us, and I know Haidyn had a blast with her.
The rest of the month was spent enjoying lots of time outside and being together. Sometimes I feel bad about not posting to the blog or not writing more things in Haidyn’s baby book, but I am just blessed to get to spend every day with her. And if we play so much during the day that we don’t get anything else accomplished, I guess that’s just how it goes. But I will say this little girl makes every day the best…
Megan gave us this bear when we found out we were pregnant. It’s been in Haidyn’s room this whole time, but she’s just recently found him. She loves to play with him and give him kisses.
Giving the bear a kiss
I wish this picture wasn’t so bright, but she looks so happy here! This is honestly how she is most of the day. And I adore those blue eyes.
She’s recently discovered how to climb the stairs…
…but one of us has to stay close by because she likes to turn around and make sure you’re watching.
We hung this swing in the big tree in our backyard, and Haidyn loves to go swinging. I just wish someone had secretly taped Jonathan and me trying to hang it. I mean, really…how hard can it be to get some rope over a tall branch? Apparently very hard because it took us a good hour to come up with a plan.
Every day when Jonathan gets home from work, he changes clothes and then takes Haidyn to play either inside or out. It’s so fun to watch them together.
Haidyn has learned to wave and likes waving to Lola
She still loves pulling up and cruising around everything. She especially likes the window seat in her bedroom.
She likes her books. Reading them is okay, but pulling ALL of them out of the basket is even more fun.
My aunts gave Haidyn this puppy for her dedication. It came with a fancy purse that it goes in. They thought she’d like the purse, but the puppy is the new “it” toy around our house.
Another favorite past time at the Teal Household is “playing” video games with daddy.


0 comments:
Post a Comment