This picture is how I’m going to remember her at 9 months. Always on the go. Good luck catching a good shot of me, mom!
Our little girl is now nine months old. She is just so cute, I can hardly stand it! This is definitely my favorite month so far. Although, I do say that every month. I guess people were right when they told me it just keeps getting better.
Haidyn is still crawling all over and loves to explore anything and everything. We are working on setting boundaries and letting her know what’s okay to play with and what’s not. For example, all of her toys are okay to play with. The dog food is not. We are still working on that one. She also cruises quickly around furniture and walks behind her stroller and a musical table we borrowed from the Glassers. It seems like lately, however, she chooses crawling over walking…must be a speed thing. She also figured out how to crawl up stairs at my friend’s house and has climbed up a few of our stairs. She loves to clap, give High 5’s, show you she’s “so big,” give kisses and make music with anything that will shake. Sometimes she gets so excited that she tries to shake her arms and legs at the same time…maybe this is the beginning of her dance moves? Who knows. But every once in awhile she gets so into it that she knocks herself over. It’s pretty funny.
She says “mama,” “dada,” “baba,” “hi,” “Lola” (sounds more like “doda,” but we’ll take it) and she even said “baby” yesterday while looking at a book with pictures of baby faces. She still loves to eat and is getting very independent. She prefers to feed herself and will eat cooked veggies (especially peas), cubes of cheese, cut up fruit, puffs and any bites of our food she can get her hands on. She also loves yogurt. My goal is to work on protein next. She will eat scrambled eggs but prefers mine over hers…go figure. So far chicken isn’t a big favorite, but I’m going to work on that. Last night we made breakfast for dinner, so I made Haidyn some baby cereal pancakes. I found the recipe online and was super excited to make them for her. She only ate a few bites last night but seemed to like them alright. This morning I heated up a leftover pancake. She ate two bites and then very carefully put the rest of them in a row in the seat of her highchair. Guess she wasn’t as excited about baby cereal pancakes as I was.
I think we are in the beginning stages of separation anxiety. Sometimes she cries when I leave her in the nursery at church, but other times she’s just fine. It’s the same at home. Sometimes she cries when I leave the room and other times she doesn’t seem to mind. She will play independently for awhile but then likes to be right next to you. She laughs a lot and has the funniest facial expressions. I am so in love with her!
Okay so Jonathan is going to kill me if he finds out I posted this, but it’s just so sweet. I went to hang out with some girls from work one Friday so Jonathan stayed home with Haidyn. I texted him to see how she did, and he wrote, “Better than the best baby in the world. I swear she is always the best with me. I think I love her more each day.” They are best buddies, those two. It melts my heart to see them together. One morning this week Haidyn looked down the hallway at our bedroom door, waved to it and said, “Hi dada!” I mean, seriously?!? I just love these two and am so blessed to be their wife and mommy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment