Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eight Months

IMG_7425 I’ll sit here, but I don’t have to like it!IMG_7431 I’m outta hereIMG_7404Nice try with the bunny, mom. But I’m still outta here.IMG_7409I’m so big, I can stand up!IMG_7412 See how much better this is? Told ya I don’t need that chair.


Our little girl isn’t so little anymore. At last check she weighed 16 pounds 15 ounces. She is crawling everywhere, as you can tell by the bright red knees, and is getting very fast. She’s also pulling herself up and cruising around furniture. She loves to hold your hands and walk around, and she gets really excited if you go fast and help her “run.” She’s extremely curious about her world and loves to explore everything from cords to the doggy bowls to electrical outlets…which is definitely keeping me on my toes! She seems to have no fear and is pretty tough, even taking a couple of big tumbles without batting an eyelash. We’ve had some tears, but I think those were mostly out of frustration that she couldn’t figure out how to get what she wanted more than from pain. I have a feeling we’re in for a very adventurous toddler!


This week she’s discovered the joys of looking out the windows and front door. She loves being close to Lola, and Lola loves being around her as well (if licks equal love, anyway.) Haidyn is waving, clapping, and will sometimes show you that she’s “so big!” by raising one arm above her head. A couple of times she’s done the sign for “all done” after eating, but I haven’t seen it in a few days. She also talks ALL THE TIME. It’s adorable to listen to her – I just can’t wait to find out what’s going on in that head of hers. Mornings are still super fun with Haidyn. She gets excited to see you when you get her out of bed and has to go wave hello to daddy and Lola before you can do anything else. She’ll snuggle up to your shoulder when she’s tired and even gives kisses by opening her mouth and putting her lips to yours. Ahhh…sweetness.


I feel like Haidyn learns something new every day, and I’m so thankful that I get to be home with her this year to experience everything. I just can’t believe how much she’s grown and changed already. I know it’s only going to get more and more exciting. Jonathan adores her and is completely fascinated by everything she’s learning as well. Parenthood is definitely the greatest gift we’ve ever been given. We love this little girl so much!

2 comments:

the sharpes said...

I can't believe how big she is!! time fly's:) i'm so glad you are able to stay home with her this year. So fun!! I miss you & hope you are having a fun summer! Next time you come to OK let me know, I would love to come see you all!! xoxo, marianne

Sarah said...

Okay, I am so behind on reading my blogs and especially yours. I love those 8 month pictures. The red knees are a perfect addition since she LOVES crawling. I do love that picture of her standing at the car. She is so cute. When I see her sitting in that chair it is amazing how big she has actually gotten. I still want to get those cheeks and give them tons of kisses. They are so cute!

The boys love being around "baby haidyn". When Joseph sees a little girl now he always yells "Haidyn". It is so cute.