Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Updates

Okay, so as usual I am totally behind on blogging. I have lots of pictures from our summer and want to get them all on here, but I’m trying to keep things in order. Honestly my reason is that I was planning on doing a scrapbook of Haidyn for her first year…but that hasn’t actually been started, yet…so I thought if I could keep things in order by date on the blog it would help me when I finally get around to starting her book. So you might have to jump around a bit if you want to get caught up on our lives. And I’m sure that’s what all of you want to do, right?!?


I can’t believe it’s already August. Where has the summer gone? I really thought Haidyn and I would spend most of it at the pool, but it’s just been so hot. They say it’s the hottest summer since 1980, which is the summer I was born. I think that’s kind of cool that Haidyn’s first summer was super hot and my first summer was super hot. Okay, maybe “cool” isn’t the right word for it, but you get my point.


A few people have asked me recently what we’ve been up to. After drawing a complete blank, I realized I wasn’t really sure. I mean, I feel super busy and the days go by really fast, but sometimes I have no idea what we did all day! It’s nuts. But here’s what I can remember: Haidyn and I have been going to music class on Mondays. It’s a fun way to get out of the house and meet other moms and babies. I’m also having fun planning and making lots of meals during the week. (I think Jonathan is loving that I’m back to cooking more as well. He even asked if he could cook dinner one night this week…he said he misses being in the kitchen…sweet guy!) We also try to get out a few times for lunch with friends or to see Haidyn’s cousins. Jonathan is able to come home a lot for lunch, so that’s also a fun break for us. Other than that, our days are filled with lots of crawling, trying to pull up and walk, playing with toys, reading books, and snuggling. It's a great life.


All my teacher friends are gearing up to head back to school, so I’m going to have to get serious about keeping Haidyn and myself busy during the week so I don’t get too sad. I am so, so thankful for this year with her. I know it’s going to be an amazing thing to be home with her and to watch her grow and change and to teach her all kinds of things. I also think it’s going to be really fun to get out with her as she gets a little bit older and do some things around town. It’s just a really different kind of year for me, and I’m still figuring out my role as a stay-at-home mom instead of first-grade teacher. Love the change, but it’s definitely different.


A few pictures of our bathing beauty this summer. I bought a pool for $8…best $8 I’ve ever spent! We’ve enjoyed lots of fun in the sun – or shade, really – with this thing. And thanks to Kylie and Emmie for the DARLING suit! Jonathan won’t let us out of the house in it, but I think we’re ready if Hollywood calls. (That’s what my mom used to always say, like why she wore lipstick to the grocery store. You know, in case Hollywood calls.)


IMG_7218 IMG_7235 IMG_7226 IMG_7227

0 comments: