Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A good report

We got a great report at the doctor yesterday.  I have made no progress since last week!  I’m still 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced, the exact same as last Monday.  My doctor said I might just be one of those people who “fakes” going into labor, and apparently I’m a good faker because I had everyone in the office worried.  Now I’ll just have to take the medicine until this Friday, which will put us at 36 1/2 weeks.  At that point they won’t try to stop labor if it starts.  Woo-hoo!  The crazy thing is that there is only a 5% chance that I’ll actually go into labor right after stopping the medicine, so it could still be another month or so before she gets here.  My doctor said they’ve even ended up inducing patients in my situation after they go past their due date.  Oh brother. 

I’ll get to go back to work next Monday until I go into labor.  Hopefully I’m not at school when that happens...can you imagine?!?  I’m glad I’ll get to go back, though, because I would go stir crazy sitting around for another month.  Our bags are packed for the hospital, the car seat is in the car, all of the baby gear is set up – as you can tell, there’s really nothing left for me to do but wait.  It will be a lot easier to do that if I have something to do each day!

Thank you all for your prayers during this week!  We really appreciate them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, Laura and Miss Haiyden;

We want to wish you all the very best of the Christmas Season! You have truly been blessed by God! What a wonderful Christmas Miracle. I know your Mom is pleased!

Ron, Debi and Lindsey Adams