Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Haidyn’s Room

We’ve been busy working on Haidyn’s room, and I think we are finally ready for her to get here!  There are still a few little things I’d like to do, but in talking with my friends, I’m realizing it doesn’t ALL have to be done before she gets here.  At least the big stuff is done.  I absolutely love the way it turned out – it’s everything I imagined it would be and makes me so happy.  I’m incredibly grateful to my mom’s best friend, Michelle, who made the beautiful bedding.  When my mom got sick, one of my first thoughts was, “Well, great.  Now my kids are going to have to have store bought crap!”  I realize that’s totally irrational and so stupid, but my mom was the most amazing seamstress and decorator.  I’d always dreamed that we would decorate my baby’s room together.  Then Michelle stepped in to help, and it meant the world to me.  It must’ve been hard for her to take on this project, and I will forever think of her when I look at Haidyn’s room. 

Jonathan has been a trooper and has done way more than anyone should…he found someone to take the texture off the walls, helped me measure, tape and paint the stripes, put up crown molding and new baseboards, and even scheduled new carpet to be put in.  My dad and sister have also been a huge help.  Sarah helped me find everything and get it all put together – we think mom would be proud of our hot gluing and semi-sewing skills. :)  And my dad helped Jonathan hang the big stuff.  It’s definitely been a family effort to make this room beautiful, and I’m so excited to tell Haidyn about everyone who helped make her room a nice place to live!

IMG_3634 IMG_3635

IMG_3659

IMG_3639 Sarah and I found this sign at Hobby Lobby.  My mom used to sing this song to us.  Honestly I can barely look at it without getting emotional; but I want Haidyn to know everything about her grandma, and this is one of my favorite memories of her.IMG_3642 IMG_3644 Sarah brought my mom’s sewing machine up in October and taught me everything she knew about using it.  I made the table topper and lampshades with the help of the sewing machine and a glue gun.IMG_3646I also made two basket liners.  This one is for books…of course Miss Haidyn will be hearing tons of books.  That’s what you get when your mom is a teacher!IMG_3649 IMG_3650

IMG_3651

IMG_3652 My sweet friends made the ‘H’ and my sister made the bulletin board.  We combined them so there is plenty of space for bows.  Think she has enough?!?

IMG_3655I wanted to make curtains, but Sarah helped me realize what a big undertaking that would be.  We found these at Lowe’s, and Sarah added the glitz at the top.  I love how they turned out.

Now all we need is a baby!

3 comments:

Life Made Simple said...

I LOVE THE ROOM LAURA!! LOVE IT! You did a wonderful job and I know your momma is up there bragging away... Miss Haidyn is so lucky to have you!! xoxo

Lindsey E. said...

Laura...Haidyn's nursery is darling! You mom would be so proud. I hope you're feeling good and taking it easy. That sweet baby will be here before you know it! I can't wait for you to hold that sweet pea and become a mom. It's the neatest thing in the world. xoxo

Casey said...

Love the room! You did a great job! Your momma is so proud of you right now!!! Love ya