Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

OU vs. Tulsa

I haven't posted in awhile - my apologies. School has been busy and I had a bit of a rough go for a couple of weeks. But now I have something fun to talk about - OU football!!!

We spent this past weekend in Bartlesville and Norman. On Friday we went to visit my mom at the high school and my dad at his new office. While we were at the high school we got a quick tour from my mom. That place has really improved since I left. I'm so jealous! Then we headed to Tulsa to eat lunch at The Brook with Jonathan's dad. That evening we went to the Bartlesville Bruin football game with my family - I know, try not to be jealous. It was a really good game, and I enjoyed watching the poms and visiting with the sponser who was there when I coached.

On Saturday we got up early to go to Norman for the game. Jonathan and I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. One of our very first dates was to an OU/Tulsa game in Norman in 2005. It was also the weekend that a bunch of my pledge sisters got together, so they all got to meet Jonathan and witness the beginning of our relationship. (Let's just say we're very glad he survived that weekend and passed the "Theta" test.) My parents got us tickets to the game so we could go with them - thanks, mom and dad! We had a great time in Norman - especially lunch at The Mont (swirls included...mmm!) and a good game for the OU fans. I will say, I was totally surprised that TU never scored. I went into the game honestly not knowing which team would win. You just never know with the Sooners these days, and Tulsa has a great team. Hopefully they will finish off their season strong and maybe take the Conference USA title! At least that's what we're hoping in the Teal household. Jonathan was a great sport and I think he even enjoyed himself in spite of the game.

The only other thing I was disappointed about was that the Theta house wasn't open. We walked all the way over to see how it's been remodeled, but we couldn't get anyone to come to the door. I heard everything was beautiful AND that they now have a frozen yogurt machine! No fair!!! I guess I'm just glad I didn't have anything else to add to the freshman 15 I gained at OU. But I was very happy to see two of my very favorite pledge sisters - Susan and Marianne - so I quickly forgot my disappoinment. Theta love, you two! Thanks for coming to meet us. It made my weekend!

Outside the stadium
I haven't been to the stadium in 3 years...boy, have I missed it!

We got to see one of my favorite friends, Marianne, and her husband at half time. Enjoy the lovely oily face I have going on...it was a little hot. :-)

Mom and Dad showing their love for Jonathan's team

Mom and Dad at lunch

Sarah and Kylie with a swirl at The Mont

Another one of my very favorite friends, Susan, drove up from Dallas to eat lunch with us. I felt so special!!! And it was WONDERFUL to see her.
Boomer Sooner! And go Golden Hurricane!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey sweet lil' Laura!! Will you e-mail me at ckgteacher@yahoo.com?? I was wanting to catch up with you,, but I can't seem to find your e-mail address! Looks like ya'll had a great weekend! Love the pictures!!