A couple of my friends mentioned that I hadn't updated about my class lately...let me just say, you asked for it! I don't know if I'll be able to stop once I've started. :-) My class this year is so wonderful. I'm not trying to brag by any means, but I was definitely blessed with the best 1st grade class at Henry. They are little angels! (Well, most of the time.) My boys are totally wiggly and funny. They make noise ALL THE TIME! I have no idea why. Boys are a complete mystery to me! But I love them. They make me smile. My girls are also very sweet. They've been having a hard time with trying to tell everyone what to do (which reminds me of a story I've heard about myself in 1st grade - it has something to do with me bossing the ENTIRE class around), so we've had lots of talks about how to "just take care of yourself" and not worry about anyone else.
The other really fun thing about my class is that they are really bright. Very smart. All of them. They just "get it," and it's so fun to watch. You can literally see little light bulbs going off in their heads. The other day I was teaching them a new math game and sweet little A said, "Mrs. Teal. I know why you're teaching us this game. The point is for us to find all the combinations of 7" all matter-of-factly. And she was absolutely right! I was totally sold out by a 6-year-old. Another day I was telling them a story problem in math about how I was eating peas and carrots for dinner, and one little girl yelled out, "We know this is not true because you HATE peas!" She was also right, but it totally ruined my story problem set-up.
I was also out one day a couple weeks ago, and when I came back this note was on my desk from M:
Hi Mrss. Teal. I hope you are fyling bedr because evre day we have a very bisy day in frst grad. I rile mist you Mrss. Teal. You know Mrss. Teal beying sik isint so bad at all because you get tv and brekfist in bed but to sum peeple its not vere fun. I will see you soon. You are the best techr in the school I cud not have a nuther.
Then there was a picture of me (rosy cheeks included) at the end with a speech bubble that said, "Sik is sad."
Seriously?!? How could you not love this job!!!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
First Grade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is a really cute story. I love hearing about your kids. They surprise and crack me up every time.
yay! school stories! I love it, they are too cute! glad you have a good class again this year! loved seeing you in Norman, miss you!!
xo,
marianne
Post a Comment