Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

1st Week of School...

...and I survived! On Monday I wasn't so sure I would make it. I absolutely love my class, but my, are they young and immature! Especially compared to my class last year. But they are so cute and funny...I quickly forget about how wiggly they are. Here are a few funny things I overheard this week:

"Is it time to go home, yet?"
(This happens about 200 times a day...it gets worse after lunch)
"First grade is hard!"
"I just can't do anymore work today. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow."
"Man! These chairs sure are slippery!"
(By the way, they're not slippery at all. He just has a hard time not falling out of his seat.)
Oh, bless their little hearts. It's going to be a long, but very fun, year. Oh, and this is a TRUE story that happened in my friend Lisa's kindergarten class. I think she should enter it in a magazine...she could make money off this one! The parent sent her an email with this story. (And just in case you've never heard of it, The Kissing Hand is a really sweet story about leaving for school for the first time):
I thought you might enjoy a cute conversation Tuesday afternoon when Sam was asked about school. It was the day they did "The Kissing Hand".

Dad: So, Sam, What did you do at School today?
Sam: We learned how to make Love....
(Dad is in a little shock as Sam fumbles a bit)
Dad: You did what?
Sam: We learned how to make love....see? (and attempts the sign language for love).

Dad to Mom: Whew! I was wondering what they were teaching in that class!

0 comments: