It's spring here in St. Louis...finally! We've been busy lately but have found time to do lots of fun stuff outside. A couple of weekends ago it finally got into the 70's on Saturday. We went to the wineries with Brian, Mallory, Dustin and Lindsay. It was a beautiful day, but a little chillier than we expected in the shade. Luckily everyone had a jacket or sweater. Afterwards we went to Dustin and Lindsay's for a cook-out. We loved being outside after a really long winter!
The whole gang
Last weekend was Missy's birthday. We went to a Cardinals game...the first one for us this season! Unfortunately Jonathan wasn't feeling well, so he missed the game. But once he was feeling better he came and met up with us. We saw a great game...Albert Pujols hit a grand slam AND another home run! And we had a blast hanging out and celebrating with Missy. Here are just a couple of pictures:
The next day we celebrated Easter. Dave, Sarah and Samuel came over for dinner. We had fun hanging out. Samuel is definitely on the move these days, so it's hard to get a good picture of him. He's turned around or looking the other way in all of the pictures I took, except the one below. He is just the cutest 1-year-old in the entire world! We love him bunches.
Work is keeping both of us very busy. We're on the countdown until summer at school! Yipee! The only sad thing is that I absolutely love my class this year, and it's going to be hard to let them go on to 2nd grade. I also finished a class I was taking this past week. It was a Reading Recovery theory class, and I learned a ton about teaching struggling readers. I spent yesterday afternoon writing my case study, so hopefully I'm completely finished with class for a LONG time!
I had lunch with Jonathan at his office this week before I went to an appointment, and I'm always impressed by how hard he works. Even when it's his lunch break, he's constantly helping people and taking care of things. I admire him for everything he does for his company and our family. I am so lucky to be his wife!
Lola has also been very busy. Yesterday she went on a long run with Jonathan and then spent a few hours outside helping us with yard work. Here's a picture of her in her favorite place in the backyard:


0 comments:
Post a Comment