Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Kids...gotta love 'em!

I just got off the phone with Jarrett, the son of a good friend back in Oklahoma. I asked him (actually begged him) to sing me part of a song, and he sang two long verses to "Up On the Housetop." Well, at least it's only 6 weeks after Christmas. I love that little guy!

I also love the kids in my class. They crack me up constantly. This week Madalynn (remember the balloon mistletoe?) got to go with her parents to the doctor's appointment to find out if she was going to have a baby sister or brother. She brought the pictures back and was so excited to share them with the class. Of course, 6 year olds have no idea what sonogram pictures are, so I had to really play it up to make her feel good. At the end of the day she said, "Oh, Mrs. Teal? I brought these copies of the pictures for you to take home and hang on your fridge." Now, as sweet as that sounds, I just couldn't imagine explaining to my friends that I had a random family's sonogram pics on my refrigerator. So I kindly told her to ask her grandma, aunts, cousins, etc. if they would like to have them. If she still had some left over, I told her, I would gladly take some.

That seemed to appease her, but I guess she went home and told her parents that she offered the pictures to me. Her mom wrote me a really sweet email saying she was sorry that Madalynn was so attached to me and that I could let them know if she was "too much" for me. (Little do they know that she makes me want to go to work each day!) She went on to tell me that Madalynn also asked if I could be in the delivery room when her baby sister is born. Her mom told her that I would probably be on summer vacation and that they wouldn't know how to get ahold of me in time. She then said, "I hate to think what she'll ask for next!"

While I'm completely honored to be so important to Miss Madalynn, I can't imagine her parents' faces when she asked for me to be at the delivery! Kids are just so funny...

0 comments: