Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest...continued

So we have this wall in the teacher's lounge where we post funny things kids say. It's always fun to read it and have a good laugh, especially when you're having a rough day. Well, there's starting to be this whole "W" section where I post funny things he says in class. Today he seemed to really be on a roll. Here are some of his comments:

"Don't worry, guys. He won't raise your taxes too much!"
-Talking (to no one in particular) about the new President Elect. By the way, since when did 6-year-olds pay taxes?

"Yeah, well, I think I'd be an Army Guy. But if I got fired, I'd just become a toy maker."
-During Morning Meeting sharing time about what career they'd like to have

W: "Mrs. Teal, when you grade that one paper tonight, you're going to notice that there are some words in Chinese."
Me: "Oh, really? Hmmm...if you mean that you're worried I won't be able to read the words because you weren't sure how to spell them, it's okay because I'm really good at reading 1st grade spelling."
W: "Well, kinda. But I wrote this word 'wheel' that's actually the Japenese word for 'wheels' only it doesn't have the 's.'"
Me (laughing): "Walker, that's not a Japanese word! That's an English word that just means one wheel."
W: "Yeah, well, whatever. When you check it there's gonna be some Chinese."
-Telling me about his paper of wh- words. So, do you think I should work with him on plurals or on keeping his story straight?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That is too funny! Love it :)

Megan P said...

Oh my gosh that kid is too cute! I love it! Keep posting those stories!!!

Miss you bunches!!!