The weekend after we went to Arkansas, I was supposed to play in a Kickball Tournament through my school district. Each elementary school could enter a team of teachers/staff to play in the tournament, and the winning team could pick a charity to give the money to. There are 18 elementary schools in the district where I work, and all 18 signed up at the begining. By the weekend of the tournament, however, there were only 5 teams left. Our team practiced once, sometimes twice, a week for a couple of months. It was cut throat...people were getting benched left and right for missing balls and missing practice. Who knew kickball could be so competitive?!? We totally felt ready to take the trophy, and we even got shirts made. We were so excited.
Unfortunately the tournament was rained out, but we're really hoping that it gets rescheduled in the Spring. Honestly, I just think the team that was hosting the event was totally scared of us and needed more time to practice...
Everyone has a nickname. Mine is "Teal Appeal."
I just hope the cry-babies at Ross Elementary are prepared for what the Bulldogs will bring in the Spring!


1 comments:
How fun!! I hope you they reschedule... that sounds so fun!!
Post a Comment