After two long weeks of summer school and working on my case study, I was really excited to relax this weekend. On Friday night I went out with some girls. We started at Amy's house and then went to Harry's, a bar I'd heard about and really wanted to see. They have a huge patio that overlooks the skyline of St. Louis...so cool! We hung out on the patio with the band and danced the night away. I wish I could say I was a crazy party animal, but by about 1:00 my feet hurt so bad and all I could think of was my bed back home. I can definitely say that I was feeling old and cranky...
On Saturday it was a beautiful day outside and we had no plans, so Jonathan came up with the idea to go explore the city. We started by getting a sno cone at a stand we'd heard about and had been wanting to try in Ballwin...very yummy! Then we drove across town to Central West End. We walked around for awhile and then sat outside for a drink and some guacamole (yes, I was try to recreate Playa del Carmen...didn't quite cut it!) From there we drove back across the city to meet some friends at our favorite sushi restaurant for dinner. The best part of dinner was getting to hold Alexander - our friends' Tim and Jen's adorable baby boy. I hadn't seen him in so long and was in need of an Alex-fix. He's such a great baby and didn't cry the entire 2 and a half hours while we were eating and chatting...despite the fact that it was WAY past his bedtime! Then it was across town again to Kirkwood where we hit Bar Louie. We sat outside and listened to the band while enjoying the great weather. It probably wasn't the best idea we've ever had to drive all around St. Louis with gas prices the way they are, but we had a good time! Here are some pictures from the weekend:
On Saturday it was a beautiful day outside and we had no plans, so Jonathan came up with the idea to go explore the city. We started by getting a sno cone at a stand we'd heard about and had been wanting to try in Ballwin...very yummy! Then we drove across town to Central West End. We walked around for awhile and then sat outside for a drink and some guacamole (yes, I was try to recreate Playa del Carmen...didn't quite cut it!) From there we drove back across the city to meet some friends at our favorite sushi restaurant for dinner. The best part of dinner was getting to hold Alexander - our friends' Tim and Jen's adorable baby boy. I hadn't seen him in so long and was in need of an Alex-fix. He's such a great baby and didn't cry the entire 2 and a half hours while we were eating and chatting...despite the fact that it was WAY past his bedtime! Then it was across town again to Kirkwood where we hit Bar Louie. We sat outside and listened to the band while enjoying the great weather. It probably wasn't the best idea we've ever had to drive all around St. Louis with gas prices the way they are, but we had a good time! Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Alexander was jammin' to the music at dinner! Isn't he precious???

Mallory, me and Missy
Jonathan, Brian and Bob
My hubby and me!
We also want to send a shout out to our amazing dads...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! We wish we could have seen both of you today, but we look forward to seeing you both next weekend. We are so lucky to have such incredible fathers and great friends. We love you so much!
My dad with me on my wedding day

Jonathan and his dad in Mexico


2 comments:
What a fun weekend!! Hope you guys are doing fabulous! I miss you!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend! AND next weekend! Wow... what a treat :-)
Yes, that is absolutely the most adorable 9 month old I have ever seen ; ) Friday night was soooo much fun. It's nice to know "you've still got it" after being married with children!
Post a Comment