Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Playa del Carmen

We returned from Playa del Carmen with Jonathan's parents last Thursday night. We had an absolutely WONDERFUL time, and I'm acutally sad we're back. Especially since I've had to start my internship for my Masters...the beach was much more relaxing than real life! If you're looking for the best place to stay in Mexico (in my opinion), check out the Royal Playa del Carmen or Cancun. All of the restaurants were incredible, the location was fabulous (right on the beach and a block away from 5th Avenue in Playa...fun shopping and lots of restaurants), and the people were super friendly and helpful. The entire resort was absolutely gorgeous, too. I think I could live there forever and be happy. :-)

One night when we got back from dinner, our room had been transformed to celebrate my birthday. Our jacuzzi was filled up with bubbles and rose petals and there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a birthday cake waiting for us! It was so sweet and a fun surprise...and it reminded me of the night Jonathan and I got engaged with all the red rose petals everywhere. (Side note: Jonathan scooped the petals up and asked if I was going to throw them in his face and yell, "We're getting married!" just like I did the night we got engaged, but I was too tired. I'm sure he was very disappointed, since the look he gave me could have killed when I did it the first time! Oh memories...) I do have to say I've had some pretty amazing birthdays in my life (like the year I saw the Pantheon in Rome the night of my birthday), but this one definitely took the cake. I guess turning 28 isn't so bad after all...

We spent most of our time laying out on the beach or near the pool and eating. We also made friends with Lopez, the bartender at the swim-up bar. We also met lots of fun people and just enjoyed relaxing. One day (have you noticed I can't remember days? I guess that's what a vacation is for!) we took the ferry across the ocean to Cozumel. Jonathan, Mike and Judy had never been there, and I was curious to see if it was any different from when I was there 3 years ago, especially after the hurricane. It looked as beautiful as I remembered, and we just spent time shopping and exploring Cozumel.

Overall, we had a great vacation. I was excited to hear that Jonathan told the boys at work that we're going back every year...that's music to my ears!

0 comments: