Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Update on our frogs...

So our frogs all died not long after I posted about them. It was a long, slow, tortuous process of finding a dead frog floating belly-side up each morning. It was almost more than the kids could take, and I have to admit that I was a little bit glad when the last one died. But we went on with our unit on animal studies, especially because we'd planned our field trip to the zoo months ago!

Today my kids took their science test on this unit. One of the questions read: "Write at least two things you learned from your frog observations." What Andrew wrote pretty much summed up the whole unit:

"Frogs don't live for long amounts of time and they can be very hyper."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must get to laugh every day!!

Abbie said...

Maybe you guys should try a guinea pig or something next time? They're cuter and hopefully, harder to kill.