Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

15 Months

I haven’t done an update just on Haidyn in awhile, but since we had a check up recently I thought I would!  She is getting so big and super independent.  She loves exploring everywhere and is starting to run.  The running is all fun until she falls.  She’s not the sturdiest runner, yet.  She’s had 3 skinned knees in the last couple of weeks.  The last one was at the park when we were playing with friends.  It actually started bleeding, but she wouldn’t even stop for me to wipe it off!  I guess her knees are getting pretty tough.  Stairs are also lots of fun, and she’s really trying to do them all by herself.  She’ll go up and down with a little help, even using both feet.  I’m so impressed!  Haidyn has also figured out how to climb on the couches in the basement and up the huge pile of pillows I put on our bed.  She still loves music and has started doing the motions to a couple of songs: Twinkle Twinkle, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and her Matilda the Gorilla song from music class.  She absolutely loves to be outside, so we spend as much time as possible playing with bubbles, chalk, balls and going for rides in the wagon.  She also loves going to the park to swing, climb and slide.  My favorite time of day with her is first thing in the morning because she’s still super snuggly and wants to be held by one of us for awhile until she totally wakes up.  One of my other favorite things is that she’s started patting us on the back when we hold her.  It’s the cutest thing ever!  Here are some statistics from her 15 month check up:

Weight: 19 lbs. 2 oz.  (5th percentile)

Height: 30.5 inches (50-75th percentile)

Head: 45 cm (30th percentile)

I talked with our pediatrician about her weight because I worry that she’s on the smaller side.  She assured us that Haidyn is just fine and is eating as much as she needs to be.  Haidyn loves to eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables, but she hasn’t been very interested in protein lately.  I need to figure out some good ways to incorporate meats into recipes so she will get more of that in her diet.  We also finally figured out that citrus foods, especially things with tomatoes, are really upsetting her stomach and were giving her terrible diaper rash.  It’s been a little challenging to come up with recipes that don’t use tomatoes.  If you have any suggestions, please share!

I tried to get Haidyn all dressed up for some pictures, but she wasn’t very interested in posing for the camera.  I love some of these because they show her exactly as she is right now – sweet, out-going and independent!

IMG_9688 I love that she still has those sweet cheeks.IMG_9697 Haidyn loves sitting on the little wall around the flower bed.  She also pats the space next to her to tell you to sit down, too.  IMG_9702   Almost getting too big for her chair!IMG_9722   Haidyn still loves to read.  Right now her favorites are this Olivia book and the Llama Llama books. IMG_9735 IMG_9748  Running down the sidewalk.IMG_9754 Look at me go!IMG_9758 Watching people go by.  I love how she puts her hands behind her back!IMG_9761So friendly   IMG_9774 Buh bye!IMG_9792  Enough pictures already!

0 comments: