Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February

February was a very busy month around here.  Haidyn and I finished out the “Wonderful Ones” class I signed us up for at the Early Childhood Center.  It was so much fun.  We played, sang songs, made crafts, danced to music and listened to stories.  It was so cute to be able to watch her in her first “classroom” setting.  I think she really liked school!  We also met a fun mom and her little girl, Ava.  We’ve gotten together a few times to play and go to the zoo.  It’s been fun to have a friend Haidyn’s age and another mom to talk to about everything.  We’ve also been taking advantage of the beautiful weather by playing outside…a LOT.  Haidyn loves being outside. 

photo Checking out the penguins at the zoophoto2 She really wanted to go on this slide with all the big kids, so I kinda sorta broke the rules and took her down with me.  Whee!photo3 Our first time to use sidewalk chalk.  So fun!photo4 Outside fun

We got to help celebrate Joseph’s 2nd birthday with all of Jonathan’s family.  It was so wonderful to see everyone.  Can’t believe Joseph is already 2!

IMG_9350 Zayde with the girlsIMG_9363  The whole familyIMG_9368 Getting kisses from sweet SamuelIMG_9372  Savta showing Joseph how to make “2” on his fingersIMG_9420 Andrea played peek-a-boo with the little kids.  I love their faces…pure joy!IMG_9428We also got to celebrate Uncle Izzy’s 65th birthday with a delicious cake Sarah made him.  Happy birthday, Izzy!  IMG_9436 Happy birthday, sweet Joseph!  We love you so much.

Haidyn has really started to love coloring and making art.  I finally put together a basket for her with crayons, markers, colored pencils, fun paper and lots of stickers.  We spend lots of time sitting at her little table making art work.  Since Valentine’s Day was coming up, I thought it would be fun to send our friends and family cards from Haidyn.  She did a great job!IMG_9450 IMG_9457

February 10th was the second anniversary of my mom’s death.  My sister decided to come spend the weekend with us so we could be together.  My dad was on a trip out of the country, or he would’ve been here, too.  We decided to make this day a special celebration, so we’re calling it Grandma’s “Heaven Day.”  My mom always said when she became a Grandma she was going to feed our kids chocolate cake for breakfast, so what better way to celebrate?  I can’t wait for the day we’re all together again so we can eat chocolate cake together.  For now we will treasure the moments we spend with each other here on this earth…with lots of chocolate!

IMG_9465 Reading books with Aunt SESIMG_9473 Icing our cakeIMG_9476IMG_9477 IMG_9481 Our very first “Heaven Day” cakephotoCARTPNAI

I just had to post this picture that Sarah took on her phone.  Awesome.

February wouldn’t be complete without a little celebration of Valentine’s Day.

photo6 Snuggle and reading with Daddyphoto7  Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU!  And an extra special thanks to our good friend, Susan, for Haidyn’s darling Valentine’s Day outfit!

photo5Haidyn made her Daddy this Valentine.

Jonathan’s work does lots of really fun things, one of them being a celebration of all they’ve accomplished the year before.  This year the theme was “Party Like a Rock Star.”  I couldn’t leave these pictures off the blog because they are just too funny.  This is Jonathan and two of his good friends before the celebration.  They think they are SO COOL.

IMG_9494 IMG_9496

My dad also made a trip to St. Louis to visit at the end of the month.  Honestly I think he was a tad bit jealous that my sister got to see Haidyn without him.  We had a great relaxing weekend with him, and fortunately for us he helped us work on a DIY project my sister and I started in the entry way.  To make a long story short, he basically saved the day (and my marriage) by lending his handiwork skills.  Thanks, Dad!  You are the BEST.

IMG_9531I didn’t take many pictures of the weekend, but here’s when my dad first got to our house.  Of course Haidyn promptly made herself comfortable on his lap with a good book.  Do you see a pattern here?  This kid LOVES to read.

One last picture of our little darling.   Hope everyone had a fabulous February!

IMG_9513

0 comments: