Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

Jonathan, Haidyn and I headed to Tulsa to celebrate Christmas.  We stayed with Papa and Savta for a couple of days before heading to Bartlesville.  I got to go to Oklahoma City with my great friend Melissa to see Marianne and her sweet new baby boy, Cooper.  Susan also came over, and we enjoyed an afternoon of catching up, snuggling Cooper, and watching Davis (Marianne’s oldest son) dance to Spaghetti Eddie.  I love these girls and am so thankful that we met so many years ago at the good ‘ole KAO house at OU.  While we were in Tulsa, we took Haidyn to meet Santa at Utica Square.  My parents took my sister and I there every year, so it was really fun for me to continue the tradition with Haidyn.  While we were at Utica Square, we saw my friend Britney, her husband Ryan, and their darling little boy Jaxson.

IMG_8944 Savta and Haidyn waiting to meet SantaIMG_8948 Savta and Papa with Haidyn at Utica SquareIMG_8949 Waiting to meet SantaIMG_8962 Haidyn really want to give Jax some lovin’IMG_8963Haidyn looks so happy to hug Jax, and he could care less.  Love it!IMG_8969 Blowing a kiss to Jax

Hanukkah fell right around Christmas this year, so we got to celebrate with Papa and Savta while we were in Tulsa.

IMG_8983 Lighting the menorahIMG_8989Celebrating the third night of Hannukah  IMG_8994 Checking out her new blue and gold shirt from Papa and Savta

We celebrated Christmas in Bartlesville this year.  Haidyn ended up with a fever on Christmas Eve night and Christmas day, poor thing.  Luckily with some Tylenol she seemed much better and didn’t get any sicker.  We really enjoyed being with family and watching Haidyn enjoy the “magic” of Christmas!  For me the highlight was the Christmas Eve service at my dad’s church.  The last month had been pretty hectic, and I needed the reminder about what this season is truly about.  It was great to worship and be together on this holiday.  On Christmas day Mike and Judy came to my dad’s for a late lunch and more hanging out.  It was a wonderful time!

IMG_9020 IMG_9023IMG_9035 IMG_9042IMG_9076IMG_9084 Grandpa got her a jack-in-the-box because she loves the pop-up clown at music class.  She loves it!IMG_9105 Her first Cabbage Patch Doll.  LoveIMG_9144IMG_9146 IMG_9153 IMG_9163 IMG_9168IMG_9188  I absolutely love this picture.  My sister and Haidyn explored the whole backyard.  She had just really started walking right before we left for Oklahoma, so this was a whole new world. IMG_9239 My little family.  I don’t think I could love them any more.

0 comments: