We went on a road trip to visit friends and family in Oklahoma the first week in March. Haidyn and I left Monday morning after she was up and fed. I found a Starbucks with a drive thru (score!), got myself a Grande Mocha, and we were on our way. Haidyn did great. She slept peacefully the whole way. I even had to wake her up twice to eat. The first time I found a quiet, safe parking spot at a Wendy’s and got in the backseat to feed her. After about 3 minutes, she had a major diaper blowout. All over everything. When she was finished eating, we went inside for a complete wardrobe change in the smallest public restroom I’ve ever been in. Luckily no one came into the bathroom because I’m pretty sure they would’ve hit the changing table with the door. After that she went right back to sleep until we stopped at the Oklahoma Visitor’s Center. I thought I’d feed her in the car again, but it was so nice inside that I found us a comfy spot on this huge leather couch and gave her a bottle. Haidyn was mesmerized by a huge buffalo head mounted on the wall. Only in Oklahoma! I explained to her what it was and that I’m sure she’ll get to see some in real life at Woolaroc soon enough.
After 7 1/2 hours, we made it to Tulsa and got to spend some time with Savta and Papa. We relaxed Monday night and had a yummy dinner. On Tuesday we went to TU to meet some of their friends. I think Haidyn likes the blue and gold already!
On Tuesday afternoon we headed up to Bartlesville to see Grandpa for a few hours. On our way there we decided to stop at Sarah’s work to introduce Haidyn to her coworkers. While we were there, I needed to change Haidyn’s diaper. Sarah came in while she was laying on the couch and started messing with her. Then, for the first time, Haidyn laughed a really good laugh! I mean, full on belly laughing! It was the cutest thing ever. Of course as soon as I ran to get her iPhone to record it, Haidyn stopped. Later at my dad’s house, he got her laughing again. Twice in one day! Made me so happy. Later that evening we went to Aunt SES’s house in Owasso. After two days of traveling and being carted around, it was time to relax. So on Wednesday we slept in, did a little shopping and headed back to Tulsa to have sushi at In the Raw (where else?!?) with Melissa. It was so great to see her and catch up on life.
That evening, Aunt SES and Haidyn had a funny conversation filled with omg’s and talk about iPhones and Facebook. Later Kylie came by to meet Miss H.
On Thursday Jonathan flew into Tulsa. Haidyn and I picked him up at the airport and headed to TU for lunch with Savta and Papa. The funniest thing was that both times we were in Savta’s office, Haidyn had major diaper blowouts and spit up all over. It’s like the curse of her office or something. Judy and I couldn’t quit laughing. At one point, Haidyn and I were both covered in spit up and poop, and Judy was dancing around going, “What do I do? What do I do?” She couldn’t decide who she should help first. I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. We did manage to change Haidyn and all was good, but it made for funny memories.
That afternoon we went to Max’s house to introduce him to Haidyn and hear all about the wedding reception.
On Friday Haidyn got to meet her boyfriends. We went over to Megan’s house where Megan, Britney, Jill and I all got together with the babies. It was the first time we had them all together. It was a wonderful afternoon of laughing, sharing, and getting advice. Seeing these babies made me so excited for all the years to come! That evening Hollye got in town and we had dinner with all the boys. It was the most perfect day.
Haidyn meeting Jaxson for the first time. He really wanted to touch her.
Aunt Jill did some baby Yoga with Harrison and Haidyn.
These two were born 9 days apart, and it’s funny how much they look alike. We call them the twins.
This picture makes me laugh. Jaxson looks like the lifeguard.
Karsten, Haidyn, Jaxson and Harrison
This one cracks me up! Haidyn was a little crabby that afternoon, but Jaxson is not deterred! He was determined to get his mack on.
On Saturday morning we got together at the Proctor’s again…I just can’t get enough of these babies!!!
On Saturday evening Jonathan and I had our first night out without Haidyn. We went to Max and Stephanie’s wedding reception in Tulsa, and Miss H stayed with Grandpa and Aunt SES. They were the best babysitters! Apparently Haidyn was very hungry and Grandpa got baptized by a bottle, but overall I think the night was a success. Jonathan and I had a great date night and enjoyed being together and even dancing a little bit…kinda like old times!
On Sunday we went to church with Grandpa and headed over to the Stewart’s for a “Meet and Greet.” Haidyn got to meet lots of her grandparent’s friends. I know my mom would’ve loved every minute of showing off her granddaughter! It was great to see so many people who love Haidyn from afar. I need to get copies of the pictures from that afternoon from my dad...I’ll post those later. We decided to leave on Sunday after the party, but Haidyn was not ready to say goodbye to her Oklahoma family and friends. We can’t wait for our next trip!


0 comments:
Post a Comment