So I realize I’m way behind on posting, as usual. The past few weeks have been really busy. We got back from Oklahoma around midnight on Sunday night, and Jonathan and I woke up at 6:30 the next morning with a horrible stomach virus. I’ll spare you the gory details, but it was bad. We took turns getting sick and watching the baby all day long. Fortunately Haidyn was wonderful that day and took several naps, so we were able to rest between getting sick. By that evening the worst was over, but it still took us a couple of days to fully recover. The other great thing was that Haidyn managed to not catch what we had…thank goodness!
Later that week I went to school for parent teacher conferences. It was a long evening, but my substitute was so great to “tag team” them with me. On Friday I took Haidyn to meet the babysitter. Let’s just say the meeting was less than ideal. Haidyn fell asleep on the way there, but woke up rather happy once we were at her house. I handed her over to our babysitter, and after a few minutes her son (who is 18 months old) popped up to say hello. Apparently this startled Haidyn, and she started crying. I mean, full on, screaming, nothing would calm her down crying. It was awful! I tried to act super calm the whole time like it wasn’t bothering me, but inside I was just dying. I’ve been dreading the day I had to go back to work for the past three months, and this was not helping! Needless to say I cried the entire way home. I called Jonathan’s sister and my sister, and they were both very reassuring. Still, it was a long weekend just thinking about Monday.
On Monday, March 14th, I went back to work for the first time in over 13 weeks. Getting everything together for the babysitter and myself was quite a feat! I think I had 8 bags in the car by the time it was all said and done. Haidyn seemed happy when I left her with the babysitter, so the day was off to a good start. It was really fun to get back and see my students. Also everyone at school was super nice and helpful, which made the week go by even faster. Overall, going back was much better than I imagined.
That Thursday, however, Haidyn started to get her first cold and I was getting a sore throat. Luckily we were off on Friday and the whole next week for Spring Break. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish around the house and hoped to get out and do some fun stuff with Haidyn, but instead Jonathan and I both got sick. This time we had sinus/upper respiratory infections. Ugh! But at least I didn’t have to go to work feeling that bad. On Monday we took Haidyn to the pediatrician because she was still stuffy and wasn’t sleeping well during the day at all. Her ears were clear (woo hoo!), but we decided to try a new reflux medicine to help her get more comfortable after feedings. By Thursday she was getting a cough, so I called back and the nurse said she just had a cold and to continue everything we were doing. At this point I was thinking it would be easier to go to work every day than dealing with us and all our sicknesses!
On Monday of this week, I picked Haidyn up from the babysitter. She said that Haidyn barely slept at all, her cough was horrible, and she didn’t seem like herself. I called the pediatrician immediately and left a message with the receptionist to have someone call us. I was also getting worried that Haidyn might be wheezing. When the nurse called back she had me hold the phone up to Haidyn. She said it sounded like she was having trouble breathing and we should take her to the ER. After about 3 hours at the ER, we found out our little lovebug has RSV. We were so sad but thankful that she seemed to have just the cold side of it rather than having respiratory problems that sometimes accompany RSV. The doctor thought she was probably getting better rather than worse at this point, which was so great to hear, but of course I felt horrible knowing that she’s probably had it for days and we didn’t know. The good news is that we were doing everything we should, and we won’t have to do breathing treatments or anything.
So this week has also gotten a little crazy. Jonathan stayed home with Haidyn yesterday morning so I could go up to school and get some things ready to have a sub. I took a half day yesterday and today off. I’ve been out so much already this year that I’m feeling super guilty about not being there. Plus my students have their musical tomorrow. They perform for the school in the afternoon and for parents in the evening. I just can’t miss it! Jonathan is also in the process of moving his entire office and starting a new position on Friday. So….my amazing sister offered to come up and help us out for the next few days. She’s so giving and does so much for us. I’m so grateful for her help and can’t wait to see her tomorrow!!
Despite the craziness, I’m truly grateful for this life. I have an amazing husband who works incredibly hard to provide for us. He takes so much responsibility on his shoulders, and I can’t imagine doing life without him. I have a beautiful daughter who means the world to me. Even though being a mom can be difficult, I wouldn’t trade one minute of it for anything in the whole world. I have a great job that I love and that is so incredibly rewarding. Stressful, yes, but also rewarding. And I have an amazing support system of family and friends who are always there when I need them. Can you tell I needed a little pep talk today? So that was me giving myself one. :) I hope if anyone of you out there are feeling overwhelmed like me, you’ll take a minute to count your blessings…it just might change your perspective. I know it did for me. I hope everyone has a great, stress-free week!


0 comments:
Post a Comment