Our little sweet pea turned 2 months old on Valentine’s Day. We can hardly believe how fast time is flying! Here are her stats from her 2 month appointment:
Weight: 10 lbs. 11 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 22 3/4 inches (70th percentile)
Head: 38.5 cm (50th percentile)
She’s one long girl! It’s no wonder she keeps outgrowing her footed pajamas. Some mornings it seems like she can’t even stretch her legs out anymore, and now we know why. She is growing like crazy and is meeting all the developmental milestones. We are so proud! While we were at her appointment, however, the doctor heard a heart murmur. She sent us to the Children’s Heart Center on Monday morning to have an echocardiogram done, just to make sure everything was okay. We ended up having to stay for 2 1/2 hours to get her vitals and to have an EKG. We were both rather calm during the appointment, but our pediatrician told us that if we ended up staying there was probably something wrong…so we knew something was up when they wanted us to talk to the cardiologist right away. We found out that her pulmonary valve is narrowed (called pulmonary stenosis), but it’s a very mild case. The cardiologist told us it’s the simplest thing he deals with and that we shouldn’t waste a minute of sleep over it. (Wish we’d known that before the weekend!) They’ll monitor her until 2 years of age, then see her rarely if ever. She has no restrictions and can walk, run, play and even play any sports she wants. But overall it was a good report, and we are so thankful for our healthy baby! We are also very grateful for a great cardiologist and pediatrician who are taking every precaution with our precious little one. Our pediatrician even called us at 6:30 on Monday to make sure we were okay and to see if we had any other questions. She rocks!
The best thing about this past month has been watching Haidyn’s personality emerge. She is super happy in the mornings and during bath time at night. She smiles, laughs, and coos at us when we talk or play with her. I love that you can have a “conversation” with her…whenever you stop talking, she inserts her own talk. It melts my heart! And when she gets excited, every muscle in her body goes nuts. It’s so cute. She’s not nearly as fussy anymore and is still sleeping great at night. She’ll also take at least one long (1 1/2 to 2 hours) nap during the day, which means I can get some things accomplished. She’s really easy-going when we take her places and usually falls right asleep in the car. She and Jonathan have done some major bonding this month, and I just love watching the two of them together. One evening I needed to go to school to work on report cards with my sub, so Jonathan watched her. He said he rapped to her whenever she got fussy…it’s the funniest thing ever. Watching him with our little girl makes me fall even more in love with him! And I’m done being sappy now…
Next week I am heading back to Oklahoma, so I’m hoping she does well with a LONG car ride. I’m so excited to see lots of friends and family and introduce them to Haidyn. I’m sure we’ll have lots of pictures to post when we return.
Have a great week, everyone!


2 comments:
She is just precious!! It's so fun to watch their personalities come out. And I agree, times flies...I can't believe Jackson is already 3 1/2 months old.
I love those 2 month pictures. It is amazing to see how much she has changed from her 1 month picture. She is absolutely beautiful. We love her so much!
Post a Comment