Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It’s a GIRL!

Jonathan and I are thrilled to announce that we are having a baby girl!  Jonathan knew all along…he said it was a girl the moment we found out we were pregnant.  We are extra excited to add this new little girl to our family, especially after losing two important women in our lives this year – my mom and Jonathan’s grandmother. 

We were thrilled that Jonathan’s mom and sister could join us for the appointment.  It made the day even more special.  When we got into the room for our ultrasound, I asked the tech if she was going to tell us the gender at the beginning or end.  She said, “I don’t know.  It depends on when I find out!”  I told her that my sister wanted to be on speaker phone when she told us, so she said, “Well, let’s just go for it!”  We got my sister on the phone, and Jonathan’s sister started filming it on her iphone.  (We weren’t supposed to do either, but the tech said we were so much fun that she wouldn’t tell!)  She stopped when she could tell what it was and asked us what we thought.  Everyone yelled, “A girl!” except for me.  I just sat there in shock.  The tech asked why everyone was crying except me, which made me like a bad parent.  But in my defense, I’m really weird about crying…I don’t cry when I think I will and totally lose it when I don’t expect it.  Weird, huh?  I didn’t even cry at my wedding!  But I had been thinking and secretly hoping that we would have a girl...I had an amazing relationship with my mom, and I really hoped I’d be able to have that with my own daughter one day.  After a good 5 or 10 minutes, I did say, “Well, I guess she’s going to need a pair of Uggs!”  I have a tendency to focus on the important things, as you can tell.

After we found out, the tech completed the rest of the ultrasound and said everything looked good.  Our doctor confirmed that afterwards, so we are ecstatic.  We got to see the spine, brain, four chambers of the heart, all her fingers and toes, and even her bones.  It was so amazing to see how much our little girl has grown in the last couple of months!  We can’t wait for her to get here.

So now our house has officially become the holding place for all things pink.  Clothes, skirts, shoes, bows…you name it, we’ve got it and it’s all PINK!  I’m loving it.  And just in case you were worried about those Uggs…my sister has already taken care of them. :)

DSCF0357 Waiting with Aunt Sarah before the ultrasound

DSCF0358Sarah, Jonathan and Savta waiting 

DSCF0359 The baby waited patiently as well

feet Her feet

hand and footA hand and foot…I’m amazed at how well you can see her bones!profileHer sweet profile

it's a girl IT’S A GIRL!!!!! 

Jonathan doesn’t like me showing that last picture, but I think it’s cool!  He’s already super protective…it’s so cute.  And here’s part of the video Sarah took while we were finding out.  She had to cut it down to send it to me, so I’m hoping to get the full thing soon.  If you watch the full thing, you can hear everyone shouting…it’s really sweet!  We can’t wait to meet our little princess!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love all the pictures and the little princess looks so beautiful already. I have got to get you the entire video because you are right, the yelling and screaming is the best. I will try to email that to you soon. We are so happy to finally get a little girl in the family. I can't wait to buy tons of girl stuff! We love you.

LB said...

SO happy for you, Miss Laura!

Rebecca said...

That is so awesome, I love that you have a video of such a special moment! So happy for y'all!

Casey said...

Very excited for you!!!