I have to be back at work this week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are teacher workshops. I know, I know. I shouldn’t complain – I just spent 2 1/2 fabulous months at home and taking trips to visit friends and family. It’s just always sad to see summer come to an end…
Over the summer Jonathan and I have been super busy doing projects around the house. I managed to take a few shots of some of the finished work. We are loving the changes! It’s funny how you can live in a house for 4 years and talk about all the things you want to change without doing anything. Then you think about bringing a new person into your home, and everything becomes an immediate issue. Even if that person won’t notice nor care about any of this, but still…I’m glad Peanut will have a nice, cozy house to come home to.
Guest bathroom:
Crown molding and new baseboards upstairs:
New hardware on all the interior doors:
New guest bedroom (used to be office):
Those were the best pictures I could get…the room is super small. Sorry to all the guest who come visit! But I think it’s nice and cozy. It will be even better when I get some lampshades and a picture or two on the walls. :)
The new office (moved into the basement…luckily Jonathan was willing to share a space in his “man palace”):
My wonderful husband also surprised me earlier this summer by painting the outside of our house. The front is white siding, but the other three sides were this ugly shade of yellowish-cream. We have no idea why anyone would make the front of their house a different color than the rest, but we managed to leave it that way for 4 years. What is wrong with us?!? Now the outside is all one nice shade of white (boring, but at least it’s the same!) and the side door has been painted black. I don’t have pictures, but I’ll try to add some later. I know, keep holding your breath for those…
We still have several projects we’d like to finish in the next few months – most importantly getting Peanut’s room ready and replacing the yucky carpet upstairs – but I’m so thankful for all the things we’ve been able to do so far. I feel like we accomplished a lot! So come visit soon…we’d love to have you try out the new guest quarters!


0 comments:
Post a Comment