Samuel came to visit this weekend, and he even stayed the night. Friday was Sarah and Dave’s 5th Anniversary, and we thought it would be fun for them to have a night off. Samuel got here around 5:00. We had a yummy dinner of burgers, tater tots, baked beans, and some steamed broccoli. Samuel mostly ate broccoli and pickles. He saw the pickles when I got some out for my burger, and he was relentless in asking for them. He would say, “ckles” over and over until we gave him more. I’m just glad he didn’t get a dirty diaper while he was here – I can’t imagine what it looked like after all that green stuff. Ewww! Next we played Legos and colored until it was time for bed. He went down around 8:00 and only cried for a couple of minutes. Luckily he only woke up once during the night, too…he definitely made parenting look easy.
On Saturday morning we were up at 7:00. I think that’s a new record for us! But it was nice to be up early for once. We made some pancakes and then went to the playground at the elementary school by our house. Samuel had fun playing, but I think Jonathan and Lola had the most fun. Jonathan took her down the twisty slide – I was so worried he would hurt her. But apparently she loved it because she went again all by herself. What a weirdo! She’s such a funny dog. Maybe we could train her to do that and make some money off of her…ha ha! I just wish I had taken the camera with us. Oh well.
It was kind of sad when Samuel left that morning. We had so much fun hanging out with him! Come back soon, Samuel, and Happy Anniversary, Sarah and Dave. We love you all!!!
Asking Uncle Jonathan for more “ckles”
It was so cute having this little man eat dinner with us at the table!
Coming back from the playground. At one point he was carrying 4 sticks. I’m sure they were treasures in his mind!


2 comments:
Those pictures are so cute. We were so happy that you guys watched Samuel. It was such a nice break and just wonderful. We can't thank you enough. I know Samuel had the best night and morning with his Aunt and Uncle. He was in the best mood all day. We love you guys too!
He is definitely a little man now! That's great that he likes the green stuff, because Alexander won't touch it. He did, however, eat half of a fresh pineapple yesterday. I lucked out because Tim had that diaper to clean up : )
Post a Comment