Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finished, well almost...

We ordered curtains a couple of weeks ago to go along with the new paint color in the living room. Unfortunately I didn't know what I was doing when I measured for the curtains, so they ended up being too short. Like 6 inches too short. They looked like they were waiting for one serious flood! I was going to just return them and order some longer ones, but the next size was way too long. So I started examining the curtains a little closer and realized they had about 6 inches in the hem. That's when I turned into my mom. I took out the hem, ironed, re-pinned them, and started hemming. And much to my surprise, it worked! And it doesn't look too terribly bad. I'm feeling very Martha Stewart-ish and mostly just proud of myself. It's the little things that make me happy...

Here are pictures of the finished product. I'm so glad we painted the room. I'm still thinking about adding some color with new pillows or something. I feel another project coming on...just don't tell Jonathan...

1 comments:

Sarah said...

looks fabulous!! Can't wait to see it in person!