Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Party & Talent Show

Things have been busy at school this month. On Friday we had our Winter Party and Talent Show. The party was so much fun...and slightly out of control...but the kids had a blast. They played a game where they had to use toilet paper to wrap up one member of their group like a snowperson. Then they used decorations and props to finish them off. The results were hilarious! The other game they played was a relay where they wore shoe boxes on their feet and adult-sized gloves on their hands. They had to run/slide down the classroom to the other wall, ring a bell, pick up a tootsie roll, and run/slide all the way back where they ate their tootsie roll. It was also fun and very entertaining for all of the adults. I included some pictures below so you can get the full effect.


After being wound-up from the party, my class had their Winter Talent Show. Our music teacher is just amazing, and she puts on talent shows twice a year for the kids. Each student picks out a song to sing or play along with. ALL the parents come, and it's a huge deal to the students. This year I was especially impressed by the group of boys who sang and played the drums to "We Will Rock You." Two of my students also did a duet to a song from Camp Rock (still not sure what that is...apparently I don't watch enough Disney Channel!) but they were SO GOOD! Especially the little girl...she has an amazing voice for a 7-year-old. I took a video on my digital camera, so I'm going to attempt to post that, too.

I just love this class, and watching them have fun is great for me. I'm going to miss them so much next year!


He wasn't being dressed up, but thought he needed the props to help him work

The relay race

A very heart-felt rendition of "We Will Rock You"

Singing a duet from "Camp Rock"

0 comments: