Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Jonathan and I went back to Oklahoma for Christmas. We got in on Tuesday evening and stayed until Sunday. I can't remember the last time we got to go back and just hang out with everyone...it was fabulous! We relaxed, ate yummy food, and had fun. On Christmas Eve we went to church and then came back to my parent's house for dinner. We decided to open all our gifts that night so we wouldn't have to get up so early on Christmas...my, we're getting old! Jonathan got some great tools and clothes (again, we're getting old) and a guitar. He's super excited to learn how to play, and I can't wait to be serenaded. I was super excited to get a new camera. I wanted something that I could use to start learning how to take and edit pictures, but I don't have a whole lot of time to learn. I was also totally surprised and excited to get Adobe Photoshop from my sister...she's the best! Thanks, sis! I can't wait to learn more about my camera and the program and to try out new techniques. I'm hoping to take a photography class sometime soon to learn more, too.


On Christmas day we went to our wonderful friends' house for a late lunch. We've been celebrating Christmas with Jan and Helen for over 13 years! We had a great time, as usual, and left very stuffed. That night we all went to the movies. Jonathan and Dad saw Valkyrie and the girls went to Marley and Me. If you are a dog lover, you HAVE to see this movie. And read the book...it's even better! We all left crying, but it was totally worth it. I've been telling Lola that she's the best dog in the whole world every day since watching the movies. If you've seen it, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Here are a few pictures (from the new camera!) from Christmas:





Mom and "Aunt" Helen

"Aunt" Jan, me, Sarah, Mom, & "Aunt" Helen
On Friday morning we loaded up all of our dogs (yes, there are 5 of them!) and took them to Pathfinder for a long walk. I'm sure this was quite a sight for all the walkers and joggers out that morning. Needless to say, we're all dog lovers. Luckily all the dogs like each other and play together the whole time. My parents are completely understanding of us not wanting to board Lola when we come back home, so they always invite her to come. Lola was so exhausted on the ride home today...she slept the entire 6 hours!

0 comments: