Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why I love my job...

I have the best job in the entire world!!! Everyone should become a first grade teacher. This beautiful gift was created by a little girl in my class over Thanksgiving break. She brought it in on Monday with a note to me and "Mr. Teal."

The note said (with her original spelling still intact):
November 29, 2008


Dear Mrs. and Mr. Teal,

I found theas boluns in the basmunt at my Gramas House. Thean I thot of you. So...I took a red balun and thean I took 2 green boluns. and then I askt my grama to blowe them up. and tie them together. and I made a bolun Misletow and desited to giv it to you giys

Your friend,
Madalynn Elizabeth P

P.S. Pleas keep this as long as posepel.

At the end of the day she came back up to me and said, "Oh, by the way...you're welcome again for the gift." The letter is hanging on our fridge now and will probably have to stay there forever...or at least as long as possible. It makes me smile every time I look at it!

I have a lot more to update about Thanksgiving, but I'm exhausted and heading to bed early, so it will have to wait. Hope everyone has a great week. Keep smiling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh laura that is the funniest/cutest story ever!! forget the wine world i am coming to mrs teals class next week!! i love it! thank you for sharing! love you, Jillian

Megan P said...

I absolutely love that story!!! You DO have the best job ever! (this accounting is for the birds!!) I love hearing your stories from school... they are the best!

I miss you tons and can't wait to hear your Thanksgiving update! Love you guys!
Megs

Sarah said...

Nice. Love the photos.