I finally posted some pictures from our trip to Vegas. We had so much fun hanging out with Marc and Katy, and they planned a fabulous mini-vaca for us. After being picked up from the airport in a limo (riding in style - just the way I like it!) we ate breakfast and then went to a pool party at the Palms. That night we ate some great sushi and then went to Moon nightclub. It was so fun, but we're definitely not used to staying out that late anymore. On Saturday the boys played golf, so Katy and I hit the spa. AMAZING! I had the most incredible massage I've ever had, and we also spent a couple of hours enjoying the whirlpool and other relaxing amenities. That night we went to Nine steakhouse, which was also unbelievably good. After that we were all pretty tired so we headed in early. Thanks, Marc and Katy, for a wonderful trip! It was great to see you both.
While we were away we boarded Lola. She seemed fine until this past Saturday evening when she got a horrible cough. By Sunday morning it was pretty bad, so Jonathan (who is turning into the responsible parent) got up and googled it. We thought she might have "kennel cough" so we took her to the emergency animal hospital. The vet confirmed that she had a very "mild" case since she was still eating and running around...and mostly because she was a complete maniac the whole time we were there. The vet gave her a shot to sedate her and to help with the cough. Then we were just supposed to give her Robitussin every 8 hours. Easy, right? Right, until we realized she didn't like the taste of it. So then we were stuck with a syringe filled with red cough syrup and a wriggly, hyperactive lab with a clenched jaw. Jonathan would hold her like a professional wrestler - her body between his legs and his hands holding her head back - so I could attempt to squeeze the medicine in. It was pretty humorous looking back, but when running late for work it didn't seem so funny.
At work I was telling my teammates how we were wrestling an alligator that morning in the kitchen, and Kristie suggested that we cover the end of the syringe with peanut butter (which Lola loves.) SUCCESS! Only it's much better when Jonathan does it because he squeezes it in super fast, and I somehow manage to get peanut butter and red sticky stuff all over me. Her cough is getting better slowly, but it was horrible watching her cough like that at the beginning. I woke up every hour during the night to check on her. All I know is that if it is this hard to raise a dog, I can't imagine what kids are going to be like!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Vegas and Wrestling Alligators
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I wonder if you could mix the cough syrup with peanut butter or easy cheese and put it in a bowl... mine loves those things. We give her pills in peanut butter or easy cheese and it works great!
Post a Comment