So tomorrow is Haidyn’s 1 month birthday, and I still haven’t made a dent in catching up! I think I will just put a bunch of randomness together on this post so we can start fresh.
Christmas
My dad and sister came back to St. Louis to spend Christmas with us. We had a beautiful white Christmas and enjoyed spending time together relaxing. We didn’t have any big plans except to make a delicious Christmas lunch – which it was. We are so blessed to have wonderful family here to celebrate with us!
This year was definitely different (and hard) without my mom, but it was fun to make new traditions and memories together. I will say that there’s no way Christmas will ever be as special without her – she was the most amazing hostess and made Christmas so special each year. We are finding new ways to make it special, it’s just different now.
With Aunt SES on Christmas Eve
Aunt SES gave Haidyn her first gift on Christmas Eve. It was a recordable story…so fun!
The whole family enjoyed the story
Helping Haidyn open her first gift on Christmas morning
Pondering the true meaning of Christmas
In her darling Christmas jammers from Aunt SES
We were also able to celebrate Christmas with Jonathan’s family the next weekend. Savta and Papa were back in town, so they came over with Sarah and Dave and the boys. We had a yummy breakfast and then enjoyed opening gifts. The best part was watching the boys open their gifts – Samuel was so excited!
Papa and Savta with their youngest grandchild
Samuel was so excited to start on the gifts.
Joseph was amazingly good at opening gifts.
Samuel was busy “checking his email” on his new laptop
Haidyn slept through the whole thing…
Papa and Savta with their grandkids
Cousins
Haidyn got to meet her cousin Samuel a couple weeks ago. With sicknesses and the business of the holidays, we finally found time to get the cousins together. Sarah brought over a yummy breakfast and a ton of food for us. It has been wonderful to have yummy dinners ready to go over the past few weeks. We are so glad we live close to the boys and have been able to watch them grow up…now we are excited to watch Haidyn grow up with them!
Samuel kept saying, “She needs music!” and would turn on the music for her. So sweet!
Sweet Joseph…he’s getting so big!
Happy New Year and Happy 30th Birthday!
Jonathan turned 30 on January 2nd. To celebrate, we took him to Wildwood Pub and Grill on New Year’s Day. He really wanted to play golf on his birthday, and this place had indoor golf simulators. We were glad that his family and some friends were able to come with us. It was Haidyn’s first outing, and she did fabulous! We had fun eating lunch and watching a few rounds of golf before we came home for a nap, and the boys had a great time playing golf, from what I’ve heard!
Haidyn sporting her Uggs for the occasion
A family picture on daddy’s birthday
The golf simulator. It was super cool, and I don’t even like golf.
I am so blessed to be married to this amazing man. He is the best friend I’ve ever had – I don’t know what I’d do without him. He is a great friend, partner, and daddy. Haidyn and I love you very much!
Boomer Sooner!
Haidyn helped us cheer our Sooners to victory on New Year’s Day. She clearly loves the bow.
First Trip to the Mall
Aunt SES came back in town this weekend to visit, and we thought it was only appropriate to introduce Haidyn to the mall. She thoroughly enjoyed it! I’m so glad. I might’ve returned her if she didn’t like shopping.


0 comments:
Post a Comment