Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter

Easter weekend was really busy!  I was in charge of an Easter egg hunt for the little kids at church, so I spent most of the week getting ready for it.  On Sunday I begged Jonathan to help me out, and we ended up being the only two workers in nursery with 14 kids ranging in age from 8 months to 4-years-old.  It was pure madness!  But we had lots of fun and managed to survive.  However, Jonathan has changed his mind about opening a preschool with me someday.

That afternoon we came home to get ready for Easter dinner with the Glassers.  We had a delicious meal – with way too much food, as usual – and lots of fun playing outside with Samuel.  He really enjoyed his first Easter egg hunt…and I think I was almost as excited as he was.

IMG_3022Yummy cupcakes for our Easter party at church.  I’m not gonna lie, I had a blast making them.  I’m such a kid!

IMG_3031  I spent a LOT of time that week stuffing eggs for the hunt.

IMG_3028

The fun centerpiece for Easter dinner.  My student teacher gave it to me the Friday before.  She’s so sweet!

IMG_3090

Joseph is so cute…I could just eat him up!

IMG_3104

We hid eggs around our front yard for Samuel.  He had a whole routine down when he found one.  Pick it up – break it open with his teeth – take out all the candy – put candy in basket – throw egg on ground (it’s useless now, of course.)

IMG_3044

Finding the good stuff – candy!

IMG_3076

Pure joy

IMG_3116

We love this family!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  I spent lots of time reflecting on what Easter really means to me.  I couldn’t help but think about my mom, of course, but I was also filled with such peace and joy knowing that because of what God did for us on Easter, I will be able to spend eternity with her.  What an amazing gift!  I feel overwhelmed by His incredible kindness towards us all.  What a great day…

0 comments: