Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Decorating, Kickball, and Mochas

These three words describe my life at school lately.  My student teacher has taken over my class for the past three weeks, and I am literally going bonkers!  Luckily we have two student teachers in the building, and the other one is in my friend Bridget’s room.  In order to keep ourselves busy, we decided to re-decorate our teacher’s lounge.  It was so yucky and boring before, but now we have the new, improved “Henry Cafe.”  We’ve covered two bulletin boards with fabric and ribbon, took down all the ugly decorations, bought tons of new stuff (with some money from our principal), and even bought some flowers and scented soaps.  It’s so pretty!  I’ll have to take some pictures and post them soon.

Kickball practice is back on.  Last year we put together a Henry team for the Parkway staff kickball tournament.  Our team was very intense about practicing.  Once (or twice…maybe three times…) I missed practice and was subsequently “benched.”  I am still a bit bitter about the situation.  So this year I am determined to show them just how athletic I can be.  The tournament this year is on April 30th.  I just hope we’re ready!

The last thing that has been keeping me busy is getting Mochas at McDonald’s – not that we ever go there during school hours, of course. :)  Have you tried them?  They are rather delicious and cheaper than Starbucks.  I highly recommend them.

In all honesty, I really miss my class.  I’ve been working with two of my reading groups the whole time, so I do get to be in the classroom for over an hour every day.  I also check in frequently (probably too frequently if you ask my student teacher) to see how things are going.  The other day one of my little girls was really upset about some things.  I pulled her aside to find out what was going on, and apparently her house had been vandalized the night before.  When I asked her what they had done about it, she said, “Well, the police came, but we are trying to help them.  We have some likely suspects.”  I asked her if she was planning on helping the police, and she said, “Well I would, but my sister’s spy kit isn’t the greatest now that we lost a bunch of stuff.”  Seriously!?!  And she was dead serious the whole time.

Here’s a recent picture of my class.  They are so fun! 

IMG_3017

0 comments: