We came back to St. Louis to work for 2 days before leaving again for Oklahoma. We got to Tulsa on Tuesday night and stayed until Sunday. It was so nice to have all that time to spend with family! We have spent the last 4 years having Thanksgiving in St. Louis, so it was a special treat for us to go back home this year. Jonathan always spent Thanksgiving in Kansas City when he was growing up, so this was his very first time to be in Oklahoma! We spent the first part of the weekend at Jonathan’s parent’s house in Tulsa with Mike, Judy, Sarah, Dave and Samuel. We got to see some of Jonathan’s good friends on Thursday and enjoyed hanging out and catching up.
On Friday we took some photos with my best friend, Melissa, in downtown Tulsa. We needed a good one for our Christmas card this year, and she was so nice to fit us in while we were on town. After that we headed to Bartlesville on Friday to see my family. We enjoyed relaxing and eating even more Thanksgiving food with them. On Saturday we went to Megan’s parent’s house with some of our friends and their families to watch the OU vs. OSU game. I honestly never imagined that OU would play as well as they did, and it was a little bit hard to be happy about it when so many of the nice people there were rooting for Orange. But don’t kid yourself…deep down I was cheering as loud as I could!
Overall it was a wonderful Thanksgiving break. We are so thankful for all of our family and friends. I honestly never imagined being so lucky to be surrounded by so many great people in my life. It’s incredible to have such close relationships with many people who live far away. Every time I’m around our Oklahoma family and friends, it’s like we’ve never missed a beat. I’m also so thankful that Jonathan and I both have great jobs that we love and wonderful friends that we’ve made in St. Louis. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been here for 3 full years! It really feels like home to us these days and I am so grateful for the friends we’ve made here also – they’re our family in St. Louis for sure! (Along with the Glassers, of course.) Alright, enough with the sappy talk. On to the pictures…
Samuel doesn’t sit still much these days, but he did snuggle with me to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade on Thursday for a good 30 minutes. It was a perfect way to spend the morning!
Watching the parade with Samuel – I explained all the important parts to him
Uncle Jonathan and Samuel playing Dr. Mario…old school style
Jonathan, Sarah and Dave
Before Thanksgiving dinner with my hubby
With mom and dad Teal…I love my in-laws!
Judy, me and Jonathan
Samuel with his olives…mmm!
Side note…I don’t have any pictures on my camera for the Bartlesville visit. I’ll have to get some from my sister and post later! I promise I love them, too. :-)


0 comments:
Post a Comment