Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jonathan's "Surprise" Birthday Party

Jonathan's birthday was on Friday, January 2nd, and I planned a surprise party for him that evening. Earlier that day before the festivities began, Jonathan's parents took us to lunch to celebrate. Later we ordered Jonathan's favorite pizza and invited his family and a few friends over to eat and enjoy birthday cake for dinner.

For the birthday bash we went to Ameristar Casino and met everyone at a martini bar. The party wasn't a complete surprise in the end (due to a little drama and the fact that it's really hard to pull off a surprise party, come to find out), but I think Jonathan was still excited to see all the people who came and to find out exactly what was happening. Some of the boys played poker and the girls hit the penny slots for a little while. Then we went to Home nightclub where we had VIP table service. We were super excited to get a table right on the dance floor across from the DJ. I still don't know how we got the best table in the whole place, but I'm definitely not complaining. Everyone had a blast dancing and hanging out. It was all worth it in the end to watch Jonathan have a great time!

My cousin, Alison, came in town from Springfield so we got to hang out with her all weekend, too. On Saturday Aunt Mary (Alison's mom) was in St. Louis to drop Uncle Al off at the airport, so she also came by to say hello and see the house. Our holiday has been filled with lots of family and friends, and this was a great way to end the break. It's back to work and real life tomorrow!


The whole group at our VIP table

The girls pose outside of Home (Mallory, Me, Alison, Missy, Amy & Jen) where Paris Hilton poses when she comes to St. Louis...not quite the same, but we tried!

Me and Alison, my cousin

Missy, Jonathan & Brian

My hubby...the birthday boy!

Jonathan, Samuel and Dave

Samuel is really close to walking on his own, so Jonathan thought is was funny to teach him to "walk it out" and Samuel loved it!

Blowing out his candles

Jonathan's favorite cake...a carrot cake...and his birthday wishes

Me with the birthday boy before lunch

Jonathan and his parents

Happy Birthday, babe! I'm so blessed to be your wife. I'm excited to spend another year with you. I hope your 28th year is the best, yet! Thanks for being the best husband in the world. I love you!!!

1 comments:

Megan P said...

Looks like fun night!!

Happy Birthday Jonathan!!

Miss you guys!