Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Fun!

This summer I've had a blast hanging out with my sister-in-law, Sarah, and my nephew, Samuel. I think I've been very spoiled to get to see them several times a week recently. I go over some afternoons to hang out and play. And sometimes Sarah gets a little break (if we're lucky!) I'm definitely going to go through withdrawals when school starts again in August. I'll have to beg them to come visit me on my lunch break so I can get my Samuel fix.
On Friday Sarah and I took Samuel to the pool. He loved kicking his legs and bouncing in the water, but he wasn't a huge fan of being splashed by the bigger kids. I was holding him, kind of bouncing up and down, and talking to Sarah when we realized that he had fallen asleep on my shoulder. He completely face-planted into me...it didn't look comfortable to me, but apparently I have a squishy and very comfortable shoulder. (I'm worried that I might get a "fat shoulder" complex if he keeps this up...the week before he fell asleep on my shoulder while we were shopping. Should I be worried???) We ended up taking him out of the water and letting him sleep in the shade while we got some sun. I can't wait until next summer when he can run around and splash in the fountains. He's growing up so quickly...I just love this little guy so much!
Hanging out in the pool

Right after he got splashed

What a life!

Just chillin' in the shade

0 comments: